• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Rate the 2021 Tour de France

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Rate the 2021 Tour de France.

Results are only viewable after voting.
5 from me, which is slightly better than I scored the Giro, I think.

Some great individual performances from people like VdP, WvA, O'Connor, and delighted for Cav's resurgence, but ultimately this was a cakewalk for Pog and the GC dead by the first rest day. Didn't particularly like the lack of distribution of wins among the teams either. And just in general the parcours felt a bit light. All round meh!

This is the first Tour I’ve been able to see all the stage live since 2016. GC was alright until it wasn’t. I was more interested in how Cavendish did and as he only got 4 stages I’d have to give it an 8.
But I liked it, I missed seeing everything live and the atmosphere. Wish Valverde won that stage. If Cav hadn’t won any stages it probably would have been a 4.

I’m going to have to find new riders to root for soon :’(

Tour-de-France-final-gallery-The-Grubers-25-1340x1429.jpg

Some great photos on cyclingtips, but I think this one is my favourite.

6 homes, 3 jobs in 15 months, but still alive and somewhat well, highlights on YouTube, until Le Tour, which played at (my new) work.

I give it a 8 as always, but that one is really worth a 3. The double MdB? I had it in one of my designs btw...yes the first week was nice to watch. Then it went down from there...

Pog made this a '90s Tour, good for him but not for me. He pulled a BigMig and the race for yellow was over. The weakest sprinters' field that I can recall gave Cav an opportunity to break a record that he doesn't deserve to break imo, and when he had a chance to break it, on the biggest stage in Paris, dream of dreams, he stunk.

Good to see a Dane near the top, Carapaz did what he could, Uran melted and I feel bad for him. Gaudu is no Pinot, Martin is the new Zubeldia, but slightly less invisible. The Aussie is a heck of a rider. Quintana is done.

I hope that Remco wins this next year.

6 homes, 3 jobs in 15 months, but still alive and somewhat well, highlights on YouTube, until Le Tour, which played at (my new) work.

I give it a 8 as always, but that one is really worth a 3. The double MdB? I had it in one of my designs btw...yes the first week was nice to watch. Then it went down from there...

Pog made this a '90s Tour, good for him but not for me. He pulled a BigMig and the race for yellow was over. The weakest sprinters' field that I can recall gave Cav an opportunity to break a record that he doesn't deserve to break imo, and when he had a chance to break it, on the biggest stage in Paris, dream of dreams, he stunk.

Good to see a Dane near the top, Carapaz did what he could, Uran melted and I feel bad for him. Gaudu is no Pinot, Martin is the new Zubeldia, but slightly less invisible. The Aussie is a heck of a rider. Quintana is done.

I hope that Remco wins this next year.
Actually, didn't Gaudu perform very Pinot-like? High top level but with the expected blow up?

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS