• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rate the Giro!

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Rate the Giro

Votes: 17 10.6%

Votes: 54 33.5%

Votes: 51 31.7%

Votes: 24 14.9%

Votes: 5 3.1%

Votes: 3 1.9%

Votes: 3 1.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
I give it a 9. Apart from one or two good stages, stages 1 to 9 were not great.

I liked the way Amador and Jungels animated the middle part of the race. But the last week was absolutely epic. All the riders in the top 9 had serious ups and downs to get where they ended up. Apart from Majka. He was solid if unspectatular.

I was really, really impressed with Kruijswijk, Jungels and Chaves, both in the way they rode, and the way they conducted themselves in the face of adversity. Serious balls from them.

Nibali and Valverde also rode like the champions they are. Valverde was patently unsuited to the high altitude stages. To finish up being beaten only by a superhuman last 2 days by Nibali was a very impressive feat.

Nibali showed true champion qualities. Sure, he was lucky the way the race developed, but he grasped his chances with both hands.

I love when there is a narrative around the main players in GC. They were there in spades.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

OlavEH said:
9/10

The first two weeks were average, but the last week have been freakin epic! Easily one of the best GTs in the last 10-15 years.

ITA. The first two weeks I was ready to give up watching, but the last few stages we watched every second and I'd even rewatch them. Amazing, incredible, edge-of-seat exciting.

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
The Giro have always been my favorite grand tour because of the toughness and the rough weather and that is why Chris Frome have not been in this race since 2011. The Vuelta is next on my list and then you have TDF which is way overrated and basically for sissies like Frome.