• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rate the Ronde van Vlaanderen 2016

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

How do you rate this Ronde van Vlaanderen

• 5/7 perfect score

Votes: 3 3.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 6 6.4%

Votes: 28 29.8%

Votes: 15 16.0%

Votes: 40 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I am probably biased since I am a big Sagan fanboy, but this was the most entertaining race I have ever seen. Granted, I've been following cycling for only about 4 years, but still, there were so many great moments and not only Sagan-related moments.

I am a bit sad for Fabian, I respect the **** out of that guy and I think that he and Sagan are currently one level above everyone else in the pro peloton, but Sagan definitely deserved this.

it also looks like the riders are starting to learn the new course better. The first time it was a procession until the final Kwaremont. It was an awful race, almost as bad as the ardennes and things didn't look well if riders were going to do the same on the cobbles.

This year plenty of 2nd 3rd tier riders were attacking from atleast 90km to (also because the first group was in range ofcourse). Some of these riders survived until the finale which shows that anticipating really pays off. Certainly when the legs are good ofcourse, but you lack the explosion riders like Cancellara and Sagan have.

Also from the Koppenberg it was a constant flurry of attacks. First from the prime domestiques, but allready quickly followed by big names. It was no surprise that at some point a few of those greats rode off. From 34km from the finish the winning move was made. So the fear for the heavy final is dissapearijg and riders are feeling that attacking early can pay off.
Last year the winning move was made with 30km to go. It's a great development tbh and finally I'm starting to like the new course. Ofcourse the Kapelmuur is has so much history it still has the edge for me, but in the end we all will get used to it....... Forced...that's for sure.

Also this entire spring we've had great racing on the cobbles. Just splendid.

TRENDING THREADS