• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rate the team performance in the Giro

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
For the ones who would want an objective ranking, here you go!
(It's basically the summation of all the PCS points earned by each team during this Giro. It does not pretend to be THE ranking but at least it helps to reflect the race to some extent ;) )

1- Bora : 1165 points
2- Sky : 975
3- Mitchelton : 919
4- Sunweb : 858
5- LottoNL: 811
6- Bahreïn : 777
7- QuickStep : 754
Astana : 754
9- Movistar : 622
10- Katusha : 551
11- Ag2r : 462
12- BMC : 432
13- EF : 411
14- Groupama : 375
15- Androni : 339
16- Trek : 284
17- Lotto: 282
18- UAE : 246
19- Israel: 224
20- Willier : 218
21- Dimension Data : 157
22- Bardiani : 143

Tonton said:
By far, MS won this, bunch of stages, 3 days short of winning it all. Simon Yates was the star of this Giro.

Sky could lose everything in the weeks to come.

Astana? Meh...

FDJ? Two climbs away from the objective, nothing to show for, but a big display of Men, united, when one carries the cross. That was the lesson in Jerusalem a long time ago. OK, I wrote it. Tibopino is the cycling Jesus-Christ, who came to Earth to save us all.... :p

agree.. MS was really strong, Haig, Kreuziger and then Nieve.. even their work horses were there from the beginning.. Chaves bad luck and Yates was in nobody`s podium list...

Leinster said:
*** the quick said:
Not to good, not too bad:

1. Sunweb
Normally they would clearly qualify as one of the winners, with Tom D. finishing on the podium, winning the opening ITT and wearing pink jersey for a day + Oomen in the top 10 of the final GC. But if you start the race with a major goal to defend the last year’s pink jersey, and you finish second – that changes much.

Oomen's final placing completely passed me by until now. So I checked and found out he was in the Pozzovivo group on the Jafferau. Why on earth wasn't he working his tail off to close the gap between Pozzo and the Dumoulin group? That might have given Lopez and Carapaz a bit of motivation to chip in, surely? Unless he actually was working with Pozzovivo and I just didn't see that.
He was working with Pozzo to get back, but once Pozzo gave up he didn't work himself anymore as well. That ship had sailed.

It didn’t seem like he was whenever the camera cut to them, and the post-race reviews seem to say he was sitting on. And they didn’t need to actually catch: Pozzovivo had a 2’ cushion to Lopez and 3’ to Carapaz the day before, and lost 5 to them in the end. Oomen had enough in the tank to jump Pozzovivo for a handful of seconds at the end. I can’t help thinking he could have made some sort of difference and drawn some sort of reaction out of the others.

All speculation now, obviously, but I’m going to consider it an error on Sunweb’s part, of a small one.

That pcs score for DD is absolutely embarrassing. WT team but beaten by all but one pro conti teams. Ofc they were very unfortunate with both meintjes and O'Connor not finishing but still, that team should finally lose the WT status it shouldn't have gotten in the first place.