• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rate Vuelta 2012

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Vuelta 2012 Rating out of 10 ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Gave it 9 out of 10. Some people question only having one hilly TT but if they put a flat 50km TT in there too top 3 would the same order excpet Contador would be miuntes further ahead and made it a less interesting race.

Only criticism from me is a few too many hilltop sprints and could have done with a couple more medium mountain stages instead. Other than that great racing. No one rider/team super dominate = exciting.

airstream said:
I would have given the 9 if Contador won today. But today's stage was upset to me. We got the victory of the fact that how sometimes it can be more important what opponents think of one rather than how actually strong this one is... So I give 6. The only positive moment is since now I have no doubt time plays against Contador.

So how many GT has airhead Andy won?

Bye

It's a 8 for me. If there were a couple of more multiple Mt stages instead of the typical Unipublic hill top stages, it would have definitely being a 10.
However without Contador it would not have been as half as enjoyable.
Definitely the best Gt of the year though.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
God it's getting more and more annoying.

23152559.jpg

airstream said:
sometimes it can be more important what opponents think of one rather than how actually strong this one is...

He has built such a reputation that others fear to attack him; he Earned that Reputation. It can be used to his advantage when he isn't as strong....it is the way of cycling.

Froome hadn't ever attacked him before; he tried, he paid. An Alberto counter-attack is something they all rightfully fear and it served him well in this Vuelta.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Vuelta 9 for a very exciting and close GC battle, and Contador's efforts.
But I'm not using a Tour as 1 scale. I don't think it was THAT horrible. Sagan alone is worth at least 2 in terms of excitement. It was more like 4.
Giro 5, not very exciting unfortunately...

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
8/10.

One of the best stage races in a very long time.

Had Andy taken part in this year's Vuelta I'm sure I would've added another 1-2 points to the number above.

This is what cycling should be like.

TRENDING THREADS