• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Reader sues Armstrong: Drug Use Denial in Books

The GCW said:
Reader sues Lance Armstrong over drug-use denial in books

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — An aide to former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said he was so taken by Lance Armstrong's first memoir of battling back from cancer to win the Tour de France multiple times that he immediately read it "cover to cover" and recommended it to several friends.
Now he wants his money back — and then some.

Cont.

http://www.denverpost.com/entertainment/ci_22443337/reader-sues-lance-armstrong-over-drug-use-denial

LOL, nice! Maybe there can be a class action against Wonderboy for everyone who's ever bought anything with Liestrong, or LA on it.

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
LOL, nice! Maybe there can be a class action against Wonderboy for everyone who's ever bought anything with Liestrong, or LA on it.

What about people who continue to buy it? I've twice been to sports stores in the past month, and they still have a bowl of livestrong bracelets in the checkout line.

I'm not so sure that the book lawsuit is bad. I expect it's going to cost Lance more than a few thousand dollars to defend.

As I understand it, the plaintiffs are saying that they were defrauded into buying the book by Armstrong's fraudulent promotion of the book.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

slowoldman said:
Well then it shouldn't bother you.....end of lawsuit.
But up to the age of 18 it was drilled into me, so it does.

A lot of people bought into the myth, were told lies. Many lives have been destroyed. I don't suppose Jesus will go on Oprah, though.

(I don't want to get into a religious arguement, so I will say no more on the topic)

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Parker said:
We don't want to sue god as we don't think he exists. The publishers will suffice.

But if you could sue god, think of the settlement you could get! Normally you just get a bunch of money, but with god you might be able to get true love, happiness and that sort of things. I think it's worth looking into, the odds might be small but think of the payoff, it's like basically Pascalls Wager for litigious people.

We'll need someone to serve the subpoena of cause, we could try to find a medium, but if not someone who's about to shuffle of their mortal coil will have to be found.

Of cause you absolutely must have a section in the settlement defining how the fact that you sued god is inadmissible in any post motem trials against you, otherwise you're just setting youself up for a world of pain. Gods are known for being poor losers. :D

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Parker said:
But up to the age of 18 it was drilled into me, so it does.

A lot of people bought into the myth, were told lies. Many lives have been destroyed. I don't suppose Jesus will go on Oprah, though.

(I don't want to get into a religious arguement, so I will say no more on the topic)

If Jesus shows up on Oprah, then the whole case is blown.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
OK. Stop comparing God/Jesus to Armstrong, they don't co-exist in the same discussion.

There are legitimate lawsuits, and there are lawsuits. It is stupid to sue Armstrong over his books. Those who bought his books were dumb enough to believe this fraud. You have grown up and gotten smarter now, so just get on with life.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Sad as it might turn out to be, it probably won't be Liestrong himself who suffers monetary loss, but the publisher of his books.

The publisher for the guy who wrote a fake "memoir", and tricked Oprah and her minions into buying millions of of copies, lost around $1 million.

The author made about $5 million for claiming his make-believe was truth.

TRENDING THREADS