• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rebellin signs for Andalucia-Caja Granada

"Rebellin tenía varias ofertas de conjuntos italianos e, incluso, de algún otro español. Pero su vinculación con Marbella y la libertad que tendrá en este equipo para jugar sus bazas le han hecho decantarse por la nuestra", comentó Antonio Cabello.

i'm very curious to find the name of those teams.honestly i think this is the worst choice possible.at least if they would have a chance for riding vuelta....
here probably the whole team will be behind him but he won't have many races...

Meh. Like people say, hes 40- way too old.

Its a shames some cyclists are so tied to the sport they dont know when to give up. Shame for them.That they want to continue putting themselves through such a hard sport with no chance of realising former glories.

I would however like to see Harmonn read out this news in the Romandie coverage tomorow. Someone tell me what he says please.

jens_attacks said:
"Rebellin tenía varias ofertas de conjuntos italianos e, incluso, de algún otro español. Pero su vinculación con Marbella y la libertad que tendrá en este equipo para jugar sus bazas le han hecho decantarse por la nuestra", comentó Antonio Cabello.

i'm very curious to find the name of those teams.honestly i think this is the worst choice possible.at least if they would have a chance for riding vuelta....

They do have a good chance of riding the Vuelta. Better than Caja Rural, as unfair as that is.

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
Wasn't it only recently that he was at CAS trying to get the suspension lifted ?
Beijing was 2008 but i thought he was out for good !

Probably thinks he is as good as Jens V. so will try notb to look like a fool when he returns .
Glad i won't see him at the Romandie on a bike this week . Someone mentioned friday at the Trentino that he was making a comeback whilst i was talking with Simoni .

skippy said:
Wasn't it only recently that he was at CAS trying to get the suspension lifted ?

Probably thinks he is as good as Jens V. so will try notb to look like a fool when he returns .
Glad i won't see him at the Romandie on a bike this week . Someone mentioned friday at the Trentino that he was making a comeback whilst i was talking with Simoni .

You were talking with Gibo. How cool. What about?

Descender said:
Colombia es pasión have a good chance of taking Caja Rural's spot.

When are the wildcards chosen. Any chance that a good Androni performance in Il Giro can get them a sport?

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
Gibo has been taking english lessons from me since Fondriest gave him a Pink Bike to ride into Milano and the Podium .
Gets a glazed look when you depart from talking about the shop he took over from Francesco . Asked if he plans o grow wine , build bikes or entertain tourists like Staphan Roche .
Francesco collapsed laughing when i asked if the Hotel he owns will be the base for Tour groups .
Thursday he reminded me about a Lady i put him on the phone with in Palermo so i connected them again at the finish on thursday .
Friday i had lunch at home in Madonna with Cristina and daughters then cycled up to the finish line . Francesco repeatedly asked where she was until she arrived after the podium ceremonies were finished . I introduced her to Scarponi , Tiago and Luca as they came off the Podium . Scarponi presented the bouquet to Cristina and collected a kiss .
Francesco finally got a few words in as he used to cycle with Cristina's brother as he was building his career up to the World champs . As they chattered in rapid Italian i had a chat with a few of the other racers like Popovitch and Fondriest whose carbon bike Cristina was riding when we met in the year yonk .
By the way this post must be dropping my batting ratio !

skippy said:

His palmares suggest that he's better than Jens V.

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:

I doubt his presence on the team would have any baring on their invite. The Vuelta hasn't shown any aversion to allowing teams to ride just because they have a rider recently returning from suspension. We know that Geox will almost definitely get an invite and I'm hoping Colombia es Passions (sp) gets one. How many wildcard invites are there?

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
skippy said:

SIMONI FANBOY ALERT!!!!!:D You were talking to Simoni? I read somewhere that he's considering riding again but I can't recall what team but for some reason I keep thinking that it was for a U.S. domestique team in a limited capacity. What did he have to say?

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
la.margna said:
C'mon. He paid for it. Two years out. i wouldn't sign him, but these are the rules.

Exactly. Why all the animosity? He's served his time so he's entitled to return to the sport if he so chooses and a team is willing to sign him.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why people are whining here. He's a great cyclist to watch.

It's unlikely that he'll ever win something big again, but if he loves cycling so much, let him do it... He was also incredibly old when he won his last Fleche Wallonne...

TRENDING THREADS