• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Recent doping cases in USA

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Guest
JMBeaushrimp said:
Couldn't find his stash, and scraping the gunk out of the bong just wasn't quite cutting it...

I swept the floor once and found what appeared to be a very small bud...I put it in the bong and lit it up, it became quickly apparent that I was smoking part of a cat turd.
 
Mar 13, 2009
626
0
0
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
No, I puked. Not in the bong though.

Excellent work then.

I hung with the fast crowd for a while. It was surprising how many burniners there were.

In addition to the carb-loading advantage, there is also the advantage:
- not wanting to work a real job, plenty of training time.
- the ability to ride for hours without getting bored, creating a massive base.:D
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I swept the floor once and found what appeared to be a very small bud...I put it in the bong and lit it up, it became quickly apparent that I was smoking part of a cat turd.

Come on you stole that frm"Cheech and Chong" when they were somoking Labordor!
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
Visit site
Before a prestiges race blank and blank burned some sinse, blank got second in the hilly blank crit. Out of respect for omerta the names have been blank.
 
Papp's Motives

drb716 said:
So is Joe Papp tragicomic or serious?

Papp is self-promotional. I fear that he inhabits this forum because he seeks to maintain a continuing role in high-level cycling. That would be awful for the sport.

Mr. Papp describes almost losing his life as a consequence of using PEDs. Then, he conspires to distribute PEDs to other racers. Any concern Mr. Papp had for the health of his PED clients was eclipsed by his own self-interest.

While Mr. Papp was conspiring to deliver PEDs, he agreed to testify at USADA's request in the Landis hearings. He did not disclose his PED activity to USADA. His own self-interest eclipsed any concern for the huge embarrassment that his PED activity could cause to the USADA.

Now, Mr. Papp inhabits a forum about doping--one that aspiring racers read. His motives are not disclosed, but he hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt. The most charitable assumption is that he is merely seeking attention for attention's sake. I hope that is so, but I fear it is not.
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Papp is self-promotional. I fear that he inhabits this forum because he seeks to maintain a continuing role in high-level cycling. That would be awful for the sport.

Mr. Papp describes almost losing his life as a consequence of using PEDs. Then, he conspires to distribute PEDs to other racers. Any concern Mr. Papp had for the health of his PED clients was eclipsed by his own self-interest.

While Mr. Papp was conspiring to deliver PEDs, he agreed to testify at USADA's request in the Landis hearings. He did not disclose his PED activity to USADA. His own self-interest eclipsed any concern for the huge embarrassment that his PED activity could cause to the USADA.

Now, Mr. Papp inhabits a forum about doping--one that aspiring racers read. His motives are not disclosed, but he hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt. The most charitable assumption is that he is merely seeking attention for attention's sake. I hope that is so, but I fear it is not.
What frightens me about Papp is his descriptions and usage of PEDs seems to me to be that it may excite or promote PED usage among athletes in general. There is always someone out there who wants an competitive edge
out there. That is why I come off as cynical and satirical towards certain individuals. When I go to an amatuer race and see what I see I get sick.
 
Feb 12, 2010
66
0
0
Visit site
What a complete **** Dewey is!
41 old doper!
haha get a life Dope Master!
There was always rumors when I raced against him, we knew he was doping, he must have had to, even to compete ...major wuss!
 
MarkvW said:
Papp is self-promotional. I fear that he inhabits this forum because he seeks to maintain a continuing role in high-level cycling. That would be awful for the sport.

Mr. Papp describes almost losing his life as a consequence of using PEDs. Then, he conspires to distribute PEDs to other racers. Any concern Mr. Papp had for the health of his PED clients was eclipsed by his own self-interest.

While Mr. Papp was conspiring to deliver PEDs, he agreed to testify at USADA's request in the Landis hearings. He did not disclose his PED activity to USADA. His own self-interest eclipsed any concern for the huge embarrassment that his PED activity could cause to the USADA.

Now, Mr. Papp inhabits a forum about doping--one that aspiring racers read. His motives are not disclosed, but he hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt. The most charitable assumption is that he is merely seeking attention for attention's sake. I hope that is so, but I fear it is not.

What a surprising breath of fresh air,, oh,, only 14 posts,, no wonder.. Insightful musing will soon be replaced with overwhelming mediocrity.
 
SpeedWay said:
What a surprising breath of fresh air,, oh,, only 14 posts,, no wonder.. Insightful musing will soon be replaced with overwhelming mediocrity.

I'm not sure he told us anything we haven't known for 6 months?

And it's completely irrelevant to this thread, there are plenty of threads regarding Joe Papp if you wish to discuss the topic.
 
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
Visit site
flicker said:
What frightens me about Papp is his descriptions and usage of PEDs seems to me to be that it may excite or promote PED usage among athletes in general. There is always someone out there who wants an competitive edge
out there. That is why I come off as cynical and satirical towards certain individuals. When I go to an amatuer race and see what I see I get sick.

Oh good. I thought it was just me and I couldn't smoke enough to forget.

As for the point about PEDs I think you could be right about increased experimentation by some sectors but the crackdown is going to be worth it.
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
Visit site
Oldman said:
Oh good. I thought it was just me and I couldn't smoke enough to forget.

As for the point about PEDs I think you could be right about increased experimentation by some sectors but the crackdown is going to be worth it.

The guys I knew who raced in Italy (70s)told me PED use was wide open there. I hope that USA Cycling has a handle on the lower amatuer and lower pro riders habits here in the USA now. I wonder about the juniors and the masters. The middle senior riders look pretty clean.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
flicker said:
Did the cat belong to fat Freddy? I saw that in ZAP COMICS.

No, Bill K. (the cat was named "Jack" after Kerouac) I hated that cat. (not because he was named after Kerouac though) I am guessing his turd was a plant because he hated me back.