• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Recovery Home Brews

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
timeismonkey said:
Bananas seem to have the opposite effect on me. I would be constipated for days after that little treat.

bananas do bind you up.
I did hear once of a banana and milk diet - presumably the milk countered the binding effect?

anyway, I find good organic crunchy peanut butter on toast is a good recovery - carbs in the bread and proteins from the peanuts.
usually with one banana though...
I used to use protein shakes, but have since discovered that using meat/dairy based proteins to be unwise, so currently looking for a plant-based version like soy or something else

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
To get me out of my funk after a long and/or hard ride.....

- a bowl of carrots with salt, garlic, greek seasoning, and some mrs. dash
- peanut butter eaten directly out of the jar with a spoon
- banana
- guava juice
- soda
- lots of water

Sometimes, beef jerky, trail mix, pears, tortilla chips, carb drink, cranberry juice.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
I came across a tamale cart about a mile from the end of a ride last week. Two cheese and chili tamales were really good. Probably should have had a jugo fresco for the sugar rush, but went for H2O.