• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Redo your top10 predictions (post stage 3)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
must be alot of poms on this site thinking wiggins looks strong an will top 3 :p
an people are writeing armstong off cose he lost time drew to a flat tyre?? he loooked strong today he powered across that gap.. the one gc rider that has caught my eye is Kreuziger,with basso loseing time today he seems to be team leader...

ac
armstrong
Kreuziger
andy
Menchov
evans will blow up bad at some stage...
Van den Broeck
rogers
luke roberts :eek:
brett lancaster

May 31, 2010
Visit site
i think keruzinger is a bit young to get into the top 5.

which i think will be between

conta
schleck
wiggins
evans
maybe lance? hopefully not:D

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
1. Contador
2. Evans
3. Schlecklet
4. Menchov
5. S Sanchez
6. Kreuziger
7. Basso
8. Sastre
9. LL Sanchez
10. Van De Broek

162. LA
163. Wigans
...just because Phil and Paul are really getting on my nerves...

SoCalCyclingfan said:
I agree, Vino looked strong in the prologue and again today. In fact, Contador should be a bit worried about that. I love watching Vino race...but has he ever truly been the superdomestique he promised to be before the race started?

I think he can't help himself. He starts to think "I can win this stage!" or even "I can win this race!" and attacks at will. He did it to Ullrich, and he may very well do it to Contador.

This could be a hinderance, or it could be a positive. If vino goes on an attack, because he is capable of being high on the gc (Ahead of AC at this second), , and the potential 2-3 minutes he can gain on Andy in the TT, Saxo Bank will have to chase him down. They just lost their best mtn domestique for Andy, so Andy himself may have to chase him down. YOu know the minute he touches VIno's slipstream, Bertie is gone.

I actually think Vino perfect course for him was last year. The feature was the Alps, which favor the power climbers like Vino more,and hilly TT.

Lance does look much stronger then last year, but I still think he is fighting for 3rd unless crashes happen.

Wiggins lost weight from last year? How has he not done a Harry Potter and vanished. He was barely skin and bones last year. Wiggins struggled on the mountain stage last year that had multiple climbs, so I think the Pyrennes stages will cause him more trouble this year. All of this is my own opinion of course.

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
My new top10:

1. Contador
2. Menchov
3. S. Sanchez
4. Armstrong
5. Andy Schleck
6. Klöden
7. Wiggins
8. Kreuziger
9. Leipheimer
10. Van den Broeck

----------------------------

My original top10:

None

I think that Frank missing will be a huge factor + I don´t believe in Giro guys.

here s my top 10 after completing TdF in PCM extreme difficulty

contador
menchov
kreuziger
a.schleck - lost 3rd place to kreuziger in final TT :eek:
martin - yeah revelation of this years tour,mark my words
evans
gadret - thanks to my superior skills
vdv
sastre
leipheimer - LA abandoned after some stupid crash

...so you all are obviously wrong:mad:

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
saganftw said:
here s my top 10 after completing TdF in PCM extreme difficulty

contador
menchov
kreuziger
a.schleck - lost 3rd place to kreuziger in final TT :eek:
martin - yeah revelation of this years tour,mark my words
evans
gadret - thanks to my superior skills
vdv
sastre
leipheimer - LA abandoned after some stupid crash

...so you all are obviously wrong:mad:

there's an element to your prediction which seems eerily true... are you sure your computer isn't a psychic octopus?

May 8, 2009
Visit site
My top10:

1. Contador
2. Andy Schleck
3. Menchov
4. Kreuziger
5. Evans
6. LL Sanchez
7. S. Sanchez
8. Klöden
9. Van den Broeck
10. Wiggins

Armstrong retires one of these days. Maybe even external news helps him to take that decission.