• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Refreshing legendary climbs

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Red Rick said:
Gigs_98 said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Gigs_98 said:
malakassis said:
i miss the great combo of fedaia/pordoi. last time i remember was 2001 with perez cuapio stage, gibo rosa.
I know at least one person who would pray to see this combination back. ;)
Some of the best combinations in world cycling:

Fedaia + Pordoi
Fedaia + Sella
Fedaia + Rifugio Gardeccia
Giau + Fedaia
Valparola + Fedaia
Falzarego + Fedaia
Forcella Staulanza + Fedaia

The top thing I want to see is a Fedaia MTT. Just hours of the scenery on Fedaia and riders pedalling squares on the gradients of the second half. Bliss.
I really would like to see your reaction when the giro organizers would make a mtf on the pordoi but they use san pellegrino instead of fedaia, before. :D

Probably the same as Sagan winning California.

Anyway, there has to be a way to use Fedaia more than once in a stage. I also want to add that it has the most beautiful name for any climb in the sport
Libertines story of the name for his first future female child incoming :D
ps: its definitely possible to use the fedaia twice in a stage but I think it would be kind of a waste considering how many climbs are in this region.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Oh, is Libertine actually a girl? She was always referred to as 'he' (in the threads I have seen).

And yes, Fedaia definetely IS the most beautiful name of all climbs. Just feels so smooth.....
I don't know, some people say he, some say her, but her avatar is female so I decided to write her.

Re: Re:

Gigs_98 said:
Valv.Piti said:
Oh, is Libertine actually a girl? She was always referred to as 'he' (in the threads I have seen).

And yes, Fedaia definetely IS the most beautiful name of all climbs. Just feels so smooth.....
I don't know, some people say he, some say her, but her avatar is female so I decided to write her.
I think Libertines avatar is Alena Amialiusik, the Belurussian European champion, but I'm not sure.

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Brullnux said:
Gigs_98 said:
Valv.Piti said:

I think Libertines avatar is Alena Amialiusik, the Belurussian European champion, but I'm not sure.
For a short time i thought it's Katarzyna Niewiadoma, mostly because if i remember Libertine has a definite crush on her. I dunno how she looks mostyly because I have sadly no time to follow female cycling (I barely have time to follow men's cycling) and Google Image isn't helping either - too many glam pics.

As for the names of the climbs i prefer those that sound dangerous like Passo della Morte, Colle del Morti (Fauniera), Mortirolo + most of the german-sound climbs (cuz the german language is beutifully harsh in its sound) or epic sounding names like Varparola, Finestre, Grand Saint-Bernard, San-Pellegrino etc.

rghysens said:
I don't know if it qualifies as "legendary", but the south side of the Col de la Madeleine definitely deserves some more attention.

Big problem for ASO is that there's no big town close to the end of the descent of the north side. Albertville is at 18km, maybe that would do; Moûtiers is big enough to host a stage finish too, but has the disadvantage of being located at the foot of climbs to Courchevel, Méribel and Val Thorens.
Now back to the topic, Madeleine will be never overused. South side is like french Finestre. About Moûtiers... place might be fine and the stations you mentioned are not dangerous. They propably have a fight with TdF organizers because i'm not sure, but the latest finish in any of them was Courchevel in 2000? No, sorry... in 2005, as i remeber that stage because of Rasmussen who was doing his Rujano impersonation and commentators admiting Valverde as next post-Armstrong TdF winner.

Gigs_98 said:
Libertines story of the name for his first future female child incoming :D
ps: its definitely possible to use the fedaia twice in a stage but I think it would be kind of a waste considering how many climbs are in this region.
don't know what you guys were discussing about :roll eyes:

but lets return to the topic.
I watched the mont du chat with google street view, and I am not sure if you can use the street. The condition isnt that bad, but the tour normally prefers to only use streets without any problems. (the reperation wouldnt be that expensive because the damage isnt that big, but I am not sure if you could use it if a stage would be there tomorrow)

The Passo Fedaia Refresh:

Option One:
La Villa - Passo Fedaia (MTF)

S8THrHT.png

uBhrn4O.png

Climbs:
Passo Campolongo
Passo Pordoi
Passo Sella
Passo Campolongo
Passo Falzerago
Passo Giau