• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Remco Evenepoel

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I just find it odd that it looks like he knew exactly what he was looking for and simply took it out. Not like he just emptied the trash or searched if there was something more in his pockets. He just took that item out pretty swiftly.
Remco (being hurt, speaking with soft voice): "Davide, I have some stuff in my pocket. A bottle with energy drink in the middle one and a gel in the left one. Please take it out so I won't feel a bottle pushing in my back"
Davide Bramati takes out gel, camera gets at the side of the bridge, starts filming, shows Davide picking out a bottle in the middle pocket, and the internet goes lunatic.

Reactions: joe_papp
Remco (being hurt, speaking with soft voice): "Davide, I have some stuff in my pocket. A bottle with energy drink in the middle one and a gel in the left one. Please take it out so I won't feel a bottle pushing in my back"
Davide Bramati takes out gel, camera gets at the side of the bridge, starts filming, shows Davide picking out a bottle in the middle pocket, and the internet goes lunatic.
I doubt it would be Remco saying this, but rather the medic.

I just find it odd that it looks like he knew exactly what he was looking for and simply took it out. Not like he just emptied the trash or searched if there was something more in his pockets. He just took that item out pretty swiftly.

I find it quite amazing that a person can have the calmness and fast thinking in that situation to notice/see there is something in his pocket. "Best I take it out before he goes on the stretcher, so it does not hinder him." You know, just have the whereabouts in that situation. From what I can see it was just before the paramedics had even arrived. It looked like a fan/staff member and Bramati next to him. It wasnt the moment where they are about to put him on a stretcher and just happen to see an item big enough in his pocket, that it would be best to take it out. So it does not hinder him or cause discomfort for him.

In this case it doesnt even look it was even the biggest of items either. It looks small and flatish, maybe. It just looks like he knew exactly what it was and immediately put it in his pocket. He didnt search for anything else that "could hinder him". I mean,... someone that doesnt know what it is would probably take it out, think for a second, hold it in his/her hand, before realizing I got nowhere to put it except for my pocket. It is usually a 3-5 seconds human reaction. It is not like it was the receipt you get from cashier that you immediately put in your pocket or throws away.

It just makes me curious about what it might have been, that could have been so important. Valuable even.

Im also sure there are things that you could take in small doses, for a short reaction/sensation, that doesnt show up in a test, that could be masked in things they eat/drink quite easily. I mean there is only a split second from when they take it out from a pocket and puts in their mouth, or a sip from a bottle. How could it ever be proved? Only if someone tells.

And thats the same thing here. Nothing can be proved by that video. So for now, it is only a conversation that will only go in circles. Thats what I gathered from the last pages at least.

I would also like believing not quilty, until proven otherwise.
Who says he didn't reach for other things? The footage is cut, so that you can only see him taking that particular item out. I would like to see at least 30 seconds before and after. Who says it wasn't the last thing he removed from his pockets? Also, there seems to be a slight hesitance after taking it out, before putting it away, as if he did not know what it was before putting it away. It looks like a swift motion, helped by the fact that he stands up. I imagine he gets up, because when crouched, you can't put anything in your side pocket.

So you know more than DQS when they say it was "a small bottle containing nutrition products"? Marvellous. Any hints for the Lotto numbers tonight?
No, i just read what Lefevere wrote last night.

You should be doing ballet with a leap like that.
What's the leap you are referring to? What is your most likely version of what happened?

AFAIK these kind of small bottles are used already for some time. The fact that people without knowledge fall for the thricks of Vayer's tweet doesn't change that, and clearly reflects poor on those people.

Who knows Remco had a data logger or there is some forbidden substance in this particular bottle, could all be. But it's just (much) less likely than a small bottle of energy drink, taken out by the DS in order to relieve Remco from everything unnecessary and potentially hurting when he is carried away.

People making up phantasy stories that have that 0.01% chance of really having happened: OK, I admit, it could have been like you imagined it was.

But people defending those stories as being most likely, while they completely ignore the 99.9% likely scenario = fail.

I doubt it would be Remco saying this, but rather the medic.

Who says he didn't reach for other things? The footage is cut, so that you can only see him taking that particular item out. I would like to see at least 30 seconds before and after. Who says it wasn't the last thing he removed from his pockets? Also, there seems to be a slight hesitance after taking it out, before putting it away, as if he did not know what it was before putting it away. It looks like a swift motion, helped by the fact that he stands up. I imagine he gets up, because when crouched, you can't put anything in your side pocket.

No, i just read what Lefevere wrote last night.

Please, dont quote me again. Since I wish to have no conversation with you.

Who says he didn't reach for other things? The footage is cut, so that you can only see him taking that particular item out. I would like to see at least 30 seconds before and after. Who says it wasn't the last thing he removed from his pockets?

Correct, we don’t see what happened before or after, so we don’t know. But the idea that he reaches directly in the back pocket, pulls something out, stands up and immediately puts it in his pocket, then doesn’t continue digging through his pockets...then maybe later bends back down and continues searching around...or the idea that he did so before the video and left out that one object that people are saying was large enough to be an issue if Remco was rolled onto his back...

Well, that would be just as odd as what we do see in the video.

What’s odd about it is that in the time period we do see, which is long enough, he goes directly for one and only one object and immediately pockets it. Maybe Remco complained about it and asked him to pull it out. Who knows. There are obviously legitimate explanations. But whatever the case, he seemed to know exactly what he was grabbing, and it was one thing.

It’s not a doping scandal, and no one will ever know more than we do now because it’s over. Nothing will ever come of it nor should it. But it’s a strange action and remains suspicious.

DQS have now stated it was a finishing bottle, which is exactly what I said it likely was from the get go. Just sugar and caffeine? Sure, could be. Could also have been something else, and that would map more closely to what we did see.

Please, dont quote me again. Since I wish to have no conversation with you.
Oh, right, you are the guy who needs to insult people who have a different opinion than yours, even if that opinion turns out to be very much in the same line as what ex-pro's are saying. Up yours buddy. If you don't want to read what i have to say, then block me.

Correct, we don’t see what happened before or after, so we don’t know. But the idea that he reaches directly in the back pocket, pulls something out, stands up and immediately puts it in his pocket, then doesn’t continue digging through his pockets...then maybe later bends back down and continues searching around...or the idea that he did so before the video and left out that one object that people are saying was large enough to be an issue if Remco was rolled onto his back...

Well, that would be just as odd as what we do see in the video.

What’s odd about it is that in the time period we do see, which is long enough, he goes directly for one and only one object and immediately pockets it. Maybe Remco complained about it and asked him to pull it out. Who knows. There are obviously legitimate explanations. But whatever the case, he seemed to know exactly what he was grabbing, and it was one thing.

It’s not a doping scandal, and no one will ever know more than we do now because it’s over. Nothing will ever come of it nor should it. But it’s a strange action and remains suspicious.

DQS have now stated it was a finishing bottle, which is exactly what I said it likely was from the get go. Just sugar and caffeine? Sure, could be. Could also have been something else, and that would map more closely to what we did see.

For me, your post is contradictory, because what we do see is made to look suspicious exactly by the way the footage is cut, and exactly by removing what happens right before and after. You might want to ask why we don't get to see that footage. Why we are denied that context.

Ok I'm a bit out of the loop. So the reason why there is an anti doping investigation around Remco is because someone did something that looked kinda suspicious? Am I missing something?

If they want to find Remco doing something suspicious, why don't they just watch him racing?

• Haha
There's still no actual rule banning them from sending data to the car.
Are you being just a little bit ingenious here Parker? Doesn't the rule say it's permissible only if permission has been sought and granted? So isn't it true that there actually is an actual rule banning them from sending data to the car without that permission? It's quoted up thread if you need to refer to it.

Isn't that implying that the thing wasn't visible at once when looking at the pockets? Because in that case reaching directly would not be suspicious.

DQS have now stated it was a finishing bottle, which is exactly what I said it likely was from the get go. Just sugar and caffeine? Sure, could be.
On the subject of finishing bottles. Reading stories about Lomme Driessens handing Freddy Maertens a bidon of champagne mixed with sugar and coffee as a finishing bottle, I sometimes think I came to this sport at the wrong time, when the magic had gone. I mean, imagine it, you're racing into Meerbeke or Oudenaarde at the end of the Ronde and quaffing champagne as you do it...that's class.

• Haha
Reactions: shalgo and joe_papp

TRENDING THREADS