• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Remco Evenepoel

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yeah, Belgian prospect with big tears.
I wouldn't call him a prospect. He was the best pro in the world this year until the crash.
He was the best junior in history by far and probably the best 19-20 year old as well.
His performances have been very consistent since he started cycling, but his most amazing achievements were pre DQS.
Many people forget that his domination occcurred while riding in three different teams, two of which were junior teams with limited funds.

Vayer's thought process re. doping seems to be 30 years out of date like Kimmage's while his imagination runs wild into theoretical absurd future possibilities only possible ignoring the technical pitfalls of what he's suggesting. Has he not even asked himself live data exists of all riders in all teams via Velon already (i'm lookign at it right now in Tour) and has he really no idea how ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart requires the ID of the each device and its rider to know what data stream you are looking at? Did JA's team know at the start of the race to hang around the Michleton bus to work out what ID might be Yate's HR strap and PWR? Did they predict Hirschi was gonna be there in the finale and do the same too. Is he also so stupid, that if JA's or Remco's team want to know their riders data, the rider has real-time data communication looking at his head unit and telling them his numbers lol!

Reactions: joe_papp
Vayer's thought process re. doping seems to be 30 years out of date like Kimmage's while his imagination runs wild into theoretical absurd future possibilities only possible ignoring the technical pitfalls of what he's suggesting. Has he not even asked himself live data exists of all riders in all teams via Velon already (i'm lookign at it right now in Tour) and has he really no idea how ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart requires the ID of the each device and its rider to know what data stream you are looking at? Did JA's team know at the start of the race to hang around the Michleton bus to work out what ID might be Yate's HR strap and PWR? Did they predict Hirschi was gonna be there in the finale and do the same too. Is he also so stupid, that if JA's or Remco's team want to know their riders data, the rider has real-time data communication looking at his head unit and telling them his numbers lol!

Vayer's not interested in truth, he's interested in attention. And this is a world of 5G Coronavirus theories, QAnon and culture wars. There literally is no conspiracy too stupid that some people will believe it if it fits their prejudices. In this case some of those people post here, and some carry media passes. And they will be exploited by politicians to create a narrative for their own needs.

As for Kimmage he just wants to do as little work as possible. It's behind a paywall now but his usual column consists of sizeable passages copied and pasted from some one else work - usually a book he's just read, some paragraphs saying how he is different and therefore better than other journalists and a nub of an inconsequential story which doesn't really make any sense.

Last edited:
I read Kimmage's articles, always have, but his leaching off of and jumping with this Vayer 4G / La Bomba nonsense weakens his legitmacy he seems to be so wanting all the time. I agree though, generally, Kimmage does stand on the shoulders of others work, although that's not that surprising he is largely an external observer with an opinion, but no evidence same as Vayer. Even Vayer seems to making his money this year on the ground not even writing for sports media, but a progressive French Communist daily paper.

I read Kimmage's articles, always have, but his leaching off of and jumping with this Vayer 4G / La Bomba nonsense weakens his legitmacy he seems to be so wanting all the time. I agree though, generally, Kimmage does stand on the shoulders of others work, although that's not that surprising he is largely an external observer with an opinion, but no evidence same as Vayer. Even Vayer seems to making his money this year on the ground not even writing for sports media, but a progressive French Communist daily paper.

Kimmage though tends to pad out his work with large passages of someone else's work. It's like he's been asked for 2000 words by his editor but can only be bothered with 1000, so uses C+P to fill the word count like a C grade GCSE English Lit student.

Kimmage though tends to pad out his work with large passages of someone else's work. It's like he's been asked for 2000 words by his editor but can only be bothered with 1000, so uses C+P to fill the word count like a C grade GCSE English Lit student.

Is there a "Shoot the Messenger" thread where you all can disparage and moan about everyone who reported on and exposed Sky's doping antics? 'Cause we're getting pretty far afield from Evenepoel here...

Haha! Good one. Like I said, this is all off-topic.

Let's see where that response comes on the pyramid. The topic was dumb to begin with. Examining who invests in it is instructive. From Kimmage to the UCI president. I can think of another president who likes conspiracy theories that are attractive to dumb people.

Disagreement-Hierarchy-Academic-Argument.png

Let's see where that response comes on the pyramid. The topic was dumb to begin with. Examining who invests in it is instructive. From Kimmage to the UCI president. I can think of another president who likes conspiracy theories that are attractive to dumb people.

If you want to act like Kimmage's reporting on Sky didn't exist or that Google isn't a thing, that's the kind of response you're going to get. It's a game, and I'm not interested.

Still off-topic.

If you want to act like Kimmage's reporting on Sky didn't exist or that Google isn't a thing, that's the kind of response you're going to get. It's a game, and I'm not interested.

Still off-topic.

What reporting did he do? I can google. I'll only find tweets about how he's suspicious. But there's nothing of any substance. Nothing that added to the public knowledge. Most of it was a massive sulk about losing his deposit on a camper van.

As for the topic it's only the really dumb that are clinging on to that. There will be no investigation. It's just politics from a politician who is only concerned about his next step up..

What reporting did he do? I can google. I'll only find tweets about how he's suspicious. But there's nothing of any substance. Nothing that added to the public knowledge. Most of it was a massive sulk about losing his deposit on a camper van.

As for the topic it's only the really dumb that are clinging on to that. There will be no investigation. It's just politics from a politician who is only concerned about his next step up..
The topic is Evenepoel. One would think that was obvious.

Reactions: joe_papp
The topic is Evenepoel. One would think that was obvious.

Ok here's your topic.

1. Talented star has a spectacular crash.

2. DS does what every first aid course for cyclist says and empty the back pockets before going on a stretcher

3. Attention seeking social media 'personality' crops a six second clip of this a declares it suspicious knowing he has followers that will run with it.

4, Social media explodes with theories interspersed by people who know what they're talking about.

5. Politician sees opportunity to deflect criticism from continuous crashes by amplifying the conspiracy theory, just like piling on Groenewegen. He adds stuff about data that was available to all. He generates questions for the media to ask of the team that has been victims

6. Most journalists dismiss this as clear nonsense. However, a clickbait website and a lazy journalist make something out of it. The latter playing to a limited fandom.

7. By now only hardcore conspiricists are left. Those that convince themselves they are smarter than everyone else for seeing the world different. In reality they're just idiots. Social media's most stupid trying to show the world they're not, yet proving they are.

8. There is no investigation, but a 20 year old's reputation is damaged in the eyes of those idiots for no reason

TRENDING THREADS