• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Remco vs Roglic

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who do you dis more, Remco or Roglic?

• Remco

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Roglic

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • In this namby pamby PC world, I love both riders, but I hope Remco pummels the guts out of Roglic.

• I'm cheering for Roglic, something about that ski background and the smile just touches me.

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • Vin(g)o option: irrelevant, bring on the tour

• Because of fundamentalist fanaticism, I’m rooting for Caruso

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They only got a thread because they were flooding the Volta a Catalunya. Remco fans really want you to know why, what, how and when Remco did something.
I started the thread because the Roglic thread, the Remco thread and the Catalunya thread became crazy and hysterical. I'm not a fan of Roglic, Remco, Pog or Vingo.
I am a fan of Alaphilippe and MVDP (not that it matters much).

I have to agree that every rider has somewhat unbalanced fans. But I rate Remco at #1.

And yes, it's a good thread till the end of the Giro.

I'm not even sure there are more than one hardcore Remco fan on this forum and even he is a bigger fan of one of his teammates, whereas Roglič seems to have more than that. There are of course more than one person who thinks Remco is a very good rider and/or wish him well, but I don't see them as being real fanboys, like you apparently do.

And if you take a look at the recents post in their threads, they're all about how they are not yet at their peaks, that they don't always have the best support, and that they both have a DS who's a dumb fool. Seems like you guys could actually have been great friends in another life.

I'm not even sure there are more than one hardcore Remco fan on this forum and even he is a bigger fan of one of his teammates, whereas Roglič seems to have more than that. There are of course more than one person who thinks Remco is a very good rider and/or wish him well, but I don't see them as being real fanboys, like you apparently do.
No need to get complicated.
Remco fans start messing around with interpretations of what happened. People, not necessarily Roglic fans, get annoyed and a shat storm begins. Arranging another thread for people with too much free time to talk about a detail is a question of hygiene.

• Haha
Reactions: Big Doopie
No need to get complicated.
Remco fans start messing around with interpretations of what happened. People, not necessarily Roglic fans, get annoyed and a shat storm begins. Arranging another thread for people with too much free time to talk about a detail is a question of hygiene.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

And if you take a look at the recents post in their threads, they're all about how they are not yet at their peaks, that they don't always have the best support, and that they both have a DS who's a dumb fool. Seems like you guys could actually have been great friends in another life.

Not more than one hardcore Remco fan on this forum? Lol. I could name a few...
The Roglic fans were going on my nerves, now it is mostly the Remco fans. The only one who has hardly any hardcore fans around here despite being a cycling god is Pogacar, actually.

The Roglic fans were going on my nerves, now it is mostly the Remco fans. The only one who has hardly any hardcore fans around here despite being a cycling god is Pogacar, actually.

I'd probably describe myself as a hardcore Remco fan but after decades of supporting Man City I've got a huge pessimistic streak in me so try to post with restraint.

• Haha
Reactions: BR2
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
There are quite a lot of fanboys on the forum that prefer to complain about fans of other riders, rather than talk about the rider they supposedly support. It's quite funny but i guess it's also quite telling. Maybe they don't have as much to discuss in that regard, so they need to vent their frustration in bringing down riders/fans who actually do have something to talk about.

That's because Roglic already hijacked all Slovenian fans.

There's so many remco beliebers. I don't understand why, because like you said,the other main riders don't have hardcore fans like him. They have a lot of fans, but they are rational fans.

I don’t know, there are some pretty hardcore Roglic fans.
This is basically Sky/Froome vs Contador with one side goading the other.

It now seems that all the neutrals want is Roglic' and Remco's fans admit that they are the worst/best since Froome vs Contador (which I was probably guilty to be a small part of). Come on, Guys, admit it!:D

But yeah, worst/best mean that there have been others. Even Pogacar has at least one (Belgian?) hardcore fans here, just not as active. Valverde of course had at least one very active one who can link any random situation to a talk about him:p In the past Schleck, Boonen, Evans, Rabobank, the whole nation of Denmark, the entire South America etc. had at least one crusader.

To me, even the craziest fan is far easier to follow than hater who targets certain rider and spend most time in the forum insulting the rider and the fans of the rider they dislike. It just doesn't feel right.

To me, even the craziest fan is far easier to follow than hater who targets certain rider and spend most time in the forum insulting the rider and the fans of the rider they dislike. It just doesn't feel right.

Unfortunately, for some people, there's not far from one to the other.
A poster is a big fan of [rider A], whose main rival is [rider B]. Said poster will of course heap price on [rider A], but is also constantly insulting [rider B] and his fans. This gets especially tiresome if [rider B] is more succesfull.

Reactions: gunara and BR2

TRENDING THREADS