• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Research on Belief in God

Page 80 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jspear said:
As I've said plenty, I'm not an expert in this area at all.
I know some Christian scientist (Bigmac, don't worry they aren't all from Answers in Genesis) believe that the earth very easily could have been created "old." When God made the tree's for example they were already mature and had fruit. No doubt that could apply to outer space. I don't really think that insinuates being a deceiver.

How convenient for you who think things are 6000 years old.

I'm sure you think of the billions of galaxies, with billions of stars in each, with billions and billions of planets, we here on this blue marble are the only ones.

What ever gets ya through the day.

Jspear said:
As I've said plenty, I'm not an expert in this area at all.
I know some Christian scientist (Bigmac, don't worry they aren't all from Answers in Genesis) believe that the earth very easily could have been created "old." When God made the tree's for example they were already mature and had fruit. No doubt that could apply to outer space. I don't really think that insinuates being a deceiver.

If God was that clever, you would think he could have created a mankind that is gentler and kinder, and without diseases that strike down innocent children.

I mean if the earth came into instant existence with mature fruit-bearing trees, the rest should have been child’s play.

frenchfry said:
If God was that clever, you would think he could have created a mankind that is gentler and kinder, and without diseases that strike down innocent children.

I mean if the earth came into instant existence with mature fruit-bearing trees, the rest should have been child’s play.

But 'god works in mysterious ways', and children are NOT w/o sin, why some must be murdered with cancer.

Or some such pablum for those who wish to live on their knees. I've always said, if god is omnipotent, can do anything...and he made humans as ones who can 'reason', why does he allow/cause unreasonable things? Like cancer that kills a 2 year old, or hitler or other truly evil people and things..oh wait, the devil, the fallen angel, forgot about him..or her?

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
frenchfry said:

If the sun was really a good thing it would be more careful about how the energy it sends down to earth gets used...and the earth, what is the earth up to converting that energy into all sorts of forms that are born to die. What the hell are the sun and earth thinking? Don't they know how much suffering they're causing?

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
RetroActive said:
hahaha good argument Mark, I mean Ray. If you want to believe in your big bang creation myth that's ok with me.

What we do know allows us to come to conclusions from the scientific method i.e. fact. That's how we are led towards the Big Bang theory because of the facts we know. The earlier post about how we know nothing about Black Holes or Dark energy etc which is not true when we do know about these things. When things get posted without any substance then it dilutes any debate.

What Crothers orates about Black holes is utter nonsense. You seriously cannot believe that?

You can deny the Big theory like I deny god. The difference is factual evidence.
There's none for god but plenty for the big bang theory.
And don't forget no scientist has said what is beyond the big bang. There are theory's some better than others but no one has said that the big bang is the end of story. It is just another step in the development of what we know.
I really don't think filling in gaps with god or making crazy unsubstantiated theory's does anyone any favours. You have to face facts.

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
ray j willings said:
What we do know allows us to come to conclusions from the scientific method i.e. fact. That's how we are led towards the Big Bang theory because of the facts we know. The earlier post about how we know nothing about Black Holes or Dark energy etc which is not true when we do know about these things. When things get posted without any substance then it dilutes any debate.

What Crothers orates about Black holes is utter nonsense. You seriously cannot believe that?

You can deny the Big theory like I deny god. The difference is factual evidence.
There's none for god but plenty for the big bang theory.
And don't forget no scientist has said what is beyond the big bang. There are theory's some better than others but no one has said that the big bang is the end of story. It is just another step in the development of what we know.
I really don't think filling in gaps with god or making crazy unsubstantiated theory's does anyone any favours. You have to face facts.

You're a true believer Ray, talking in circles about made up facts. Enjoy your religion but don't try to shove it down my throat.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
RetroActive said:
You're a true believer Ray, talking in circles about made up facts. Enjoy your religion but don't try to shove it down my throat.

Its not religion. I don't believe in any gods or worship anyone. You believe in your god but dismiss all the other ones. I don't believe in any of them.
I do not go round handing out leaflets or leaving atheist books in hotel draws or knock on anyone's door uninvited.
No point getting angry. Its Sunday :)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
ray j willings said:
No problem. I did not think I was offending you. After all look what we a discussing.

A question, What's the religious view on ET ?

You see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear.

Seek and ye shall find.

Self delusion knows no bounds.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Talking reality (from 56.40 mins):

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/kana.../video/2315864/Markus-Lanz-vom-28-Januar-2015

in letters:

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/gese...di-arabien-blaulicht-durch-riad-a-956053.html

First hand evidence of a emergency worker off Saudi Arabia. He starts with saying "religious fascism". Death, oppression, rape, and more... all in the name of the islam.

But Echoes tells us the Saudi Arabic wahhabism has got nothing to do with the islam.

Do not get fooled by him guys. Read a lit about it, listen to the first hand evidence, and think of it. Watch out, be aware, and take care. Keep freedom in our countries!

The wahhabism is the worst of the islam. It is misanthropic by all means. Again, wake up guys!

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Riad random:

image-276958-galleryV9-tbwd.jpg

Europes future!... Who with at least a little common sense want that? Who?

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Riad "Auto Racing"
"Street Life" when money meets middle age. A crazy dangerous combination trou and trou:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=85027636&v=dGt0RnZcO88&x-yt-ts=1422503916

You might want to take the description of this video to heart

The description says (emphasis mine):
Hagwalah is arab style drifting which has been around for many years. These guys go over the limit and only represent themselves...not everybody. I am just a cameraman!

Hagawlah is illegal and the people involved defy the police and government - a lot of them are actually in prison..

Please do not abuse whole religions/races - this has nothing to do with religion, it`s all about cars

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Maaaaaaaarten:

"this has nothing to do with religion"

LOLZ... The usual "this has got nothing to do with..."

Here is the first few sentences from the first hand evidence I linked (I used google-translator, but I think it is ok):

"SPIEGEL ONLINE: Mr. Bauer, emergency physicians and paramedics are normally used a lot in terms of bloody scenes and human destinies. You have worked for a year as a Paramedic in Riyadh; in the end you could not sleep at night. What was going on?

Bauer: First time I've seen one year in the estimated 250 fatalities. You do not see in the German rescue service in an entire career.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Why was this so?

Bauer: The people do not adhere to traffic rules, one need not buckle up. Thickness cars are also often the only hobby of young men: cinemas, bars and concerts there are none, and you can not meet with women, really. What there is, is the Ring Road, a highway that goes around the city of Riyadh. There, these people are going to drift, and eventually turns over just one. Then you have five, six dead people lying on the highway. Especially at the weekend was clear: The whole night you have to go to bad traffic accidents."

OFC, nothing to do with... :rolleyes:

Could have linked an article about the Filipina (and other foreign women being abused) slave girls getting raped as nannys there... sure it has nothing to do with... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We could close our eyes and see blood, still has nothing to do with...

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
When something bad happens "its not religion, these people are not true followers"

When something good happens " it's only thanks to religion"

As someone said [forgot who it was but its spot on]
An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An atheist believes that deed must be done instead of prayer said and an atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death.

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Oh no, you are wise and borderline mystical, but really love to hear the sound of your own voice.

...so you didn't enjoy that double entendre...:D

Or maybe you don't like to have your big bang belief system exposed. Then I read your tag line and I interpret this as "I'm a simpleton". ;) Why are you commenting on a religion thread? Oh, you can't help feeling superior. There are many religions and many interpretations, does understanding this make me wise? Anything is wiser than your ignorance on the subject.

If curious and confused is wise then count me in.

btw, I find the mystics in all religions to be the most interesting as they were contemplating questions that led to science and many of those questions still haven't been answered and probably never will in any scientific way. Religion doesn't have to be as dumb as you assume it is, that's for certain. Dogma on the other hand...

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
ray j willings said:
When something bad happens "its not religion, these people are not true followers"

An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An atheist believes that deed must be done instead of prayer said and an atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death.

Spot on...

I urge you to read the whole interview. He was on german MSM TV yesterday. That says something in the political corrected west. Use google translator. I think the bigger picture gets clear.

For more sodom and gomorrah may go to Somalia articles. I guess that is even lower than what is going on in rich oil countries ruled by a middle age book with suras and verses. All the horror in the name of Allah and his wrong prophet.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
What are you people even talking about?

Saudi Arabia is a horrible country and it's Islamic so therefore all the horrible things happening in Saudi Arabia are the fault of Islam. Do you guys even know how ridiculous that sounds? Correlation does not equal causation anybody?

Can anybody explain to me what on earth street racing has to do with Islam? :confused:

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
ray j willings said:

This quote is actually kind of silly to be honest. At least if you define atheism as the lack of a belief in god. How does atheism entail believing you should build hospitals?

(Also, it's a bit strange to describe chuches and hospitals as somehow conflicting. If you travel a bit around the world, you will find that Christian missionaries build both churches and hospitals. They both act and pray.)

TRENDING THREADS