• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Research on Belief in God

Page 81 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Maaaaaaaarten said:
What are you people even talking about?

Saudi Arabia is a horrible country and it's Islamic so therefore all the horrible things happening in Saudi Arabia are the fault of Islam. Do you guys even know how ridiculous that sounds? Correlation does not equal causation anybody?

Can anybody explain to me what on earth street racing has to do with Islam? :confused:

I can link articles for you, I can translate for you, I can connect dots for you, I can be the messenger for you...

Again: "The people do not adhere to traffic rules, one need not buckle up. Thickness cars are also often the only hobby of young men: cinemas, bars and concerts there are none, and you can not meet with women, really. What there is, is the Ring Road"

... but I can not think for you. That little rest you need to do yourself. You may also read the whole article. The car crashes are a direct result of the "book that has got nothing to do with :rolleyes: ..."

Little Quiz at the end: "Which one of the 57 islamic countries is not a failed state?" ;)

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I can link articles for you, I can translate for you, I can connect dots for you, I can be the messenger for you...

Again: "The people do not adhere to traffic rules, one need not buckle up. Thickness cars are also often the only hobby of young men: cinemas, bars and concerts there are none, and you can not meet with women, really. What there is, is the Ring Road"

... but I can not think for you. That little rest you need to do yourself. You may also read the whole article. The car crashes are a direct result of the "book that has got nothing to do with :rolleyes: ..."

Directly caused is a bit of an overstatement wouldn't you say?

Even if it's true, it's an unintentional side-effect, based on certain civil laws, which are based on a certain type of Islam; hardly a direct cause.

Little Quiz at the end: "Which one of the 57 islamic countries is not a failed state?" ;)

I don't know, probably Lebanon, Indonesia, Malaysia? Probably Indonesia? I never claimed that the Islam is a good basis for a state; I certainly don't think it is.

By the way; here's a quiz from me. Or actually, it's not really a quiz, because I'm not sure about the answer myself: "Has there ever been an atheistic state that didn't end in violent oppression/massacre/bloody civil war?"

All the atheistic states I can think of were horrible. The French revolution, which promoted atheism, ended horribly (Robespierre, Reign of Terror et cetera). Revolutionary Mexico also had an atheistic leader, started promoting atheism, oppressing religion and ended in a bloody civil war. After that we've had the communists who were the worst of all.

Now if I claim atheism is bad because every time atheism was implemented it ended with a lot of violence, all the atheists here would get mad at me and rightly so! But then I wonder, why on earth do I read the same or quite similar reasoning against religions all the time? :confused:

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Maaaaaaaarten said:
Directly caused is a bit of an overstatement wouldn't you say?

Even if it's true, it's an unintentional side-effect, based on certain civil laws, which are based on a certain type of Islam; hardly a direct cause.

I don't know, probably Lebanon, Indonesia, Malaysia? Probably Indonesia? I never claimed that the Islam is a good basis for a state; I certainly don't think it is.

By the way; here's a quiz from me. Or actually, it's not really a quiz, because I'm not sure about the answer myself: "Has there ever been an atheistic state that didn't end in violent oppression/massacre/bloody civil war?"

All the atheistic states I can think of were horrible. The French revolution, which promoted atheism, ended horribly (Robespierre, Reign of Terror et cetera). Revolutionary Mexico also had an atheistic leader, started promoting atheism, oppressing religion and ended in a bloody civil war. After that we've had the communists who were the worst of all.

Now if I claim atheism is bad because every time atheism was implemented it ended with a lot of violence, all the atheists here would get mad at me and rightly so! But then I wonder, why on earth do I read the same or quite similar reasoning against religions all the time? :confused:

I did criticise christians once or twice for their past (& that they became too soft nowadays, imagine)...

I live in the present. I have christian friends. They dont want to squeeze me into their religion, they dont attack me, they dont rule my life, etc... IOW: I get very well along with them.

All you hear me is talking about the islam. And there is nothing, zilch, good to report about it.

So if we compare countries with the scharia to not-as-extreme-islamic-countries to non-islamic-countries, the pattern becomes clear: The less islam influence, the more freedom*. And the better for women. I still can not believe how stupid many of those lefty women & Femi-Nazis** are, who welcome multi-kulti. They work on their own death. Literally!

And now our leaders let it happen that the islam intrudes our (still good) countries. I said why they do it. So people have to step up themselves. Stop sleeping and face reality: You cant be tolerant to intolerants, you cant re-write the book of the wrong prophet into a civilized one. Thus you need to protect yourself. The lefties need to understand that before it is too late. Some big european cities are already poisoned big time by islamic intruders...

(* OFC there are many failed states that are not islamic. But there are more good countries than bad. The opposite is true for islamic countries.
** Alice Schwarzer has debunked the islam. She is one of the few true Femi-Nazis that warns about it. I give credit to her for that, even though I strongly disagree with most of the rest she says and does.)

ray j willings said:
When something bad happens "its not religion, these people are not true followers"

When something good happens " it's only thanks to religion"

As someone said [forgot who it was but its spot on]
An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An atheist believes that deed must be done instead of prayer said and an atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death.

You know, now that I think about it, I've never met a christian who loved life and didn't want to die, who was proactive in charity, helping during natural disasters, ect. :eek: :p

In all seriousness the christian community and churches are some of the first groups to help out in many of the natural disasters here in the US and abroad. They help in very practical ways (food, clothing distribution, building, restoring) and of course they give much needed prayer. :)

Jspear said:
You know, now that I think about it, I've never met a christian who loved life and didn't want to die, who was proactive in charity, helping during natural disasters, ect. :eek: :p

In all seriousness the christian community and churches are some of the first groups to help out in many of the natural disasters here in the US and abroad. They help in very practical ways (food, clothing distribution, building, restoring) and of course they give much needed prayer. :)

Add to that the butchery that's been done in the name of Christianity. :)

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Men and Women living by the book:

Saudi-Arabia-Honda-Accord-Stunt-Driver.jpg

200px-Nacktscanner.jpg

... and young misled girls/women demonstrate for this by marching against Pegida and else. Right here in Europe. They will end up like the one in the second pic...

Can someone explain to me how our young generation can be that stupid? I mean brainwashed and all, a little common sense shall be taught by european parents. Right? :confused:

f2f81a3e52378517787f1566b7834767.jpg

Not for long anymore for women. Thus enjoy life while you can.

RetroActive said:
It's not as though science hasn't been applied in all sorts of horrific ways either. I don't blame the scientific method, I blame people.

To say that Christianity has always been humanitarian, about making the world better (this was the inference I was replying to), is like saying science always has. But this is a childish viewpoint.

rhubroma said:
To say that Christianity has always been humanitarian, about making the world better (this was the inference I was replying to), is like saying science always has. But this is a childish viewpoint.

There is nothing childish about pointing out that Christian beliefs derived from the scriptures have no problems because they don't. The problems you see are from fallible humans misusing the Bible.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Maaaaaaaarten said:
This quote is actually kind of silly to be honest. At least if you define atheism as the lack of a belief in god. How does atheism entail believing you should build hospitals?

(Also, it's a bit strange to describe chuches and hospitals as somehow conflicting. If you travel a bit around the world, you will find that Christian missionaries build both churches and hospitals. They both act and pray.)

If I ever come across anyone needing medical assistance I will call the church hotline:D It's funny, I don't see Dr's on their Knees praying at the A&E, I do see them getting on with the physical task of treating someone using their medical skills.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
What a load of crap.

Like this? :confused:

(Quote from the linked Brave American Woman: )
"The Koran (which I have read and studied thoroughly) and (which muslims align themselves with), contains 109 verses commanding hate, murder and terror against all human beings who refuse to submit or convert to Islam."

Well, I have news for you: She is closer to the truth, than you calling it "crap".
Just take your time and read those 109 (!!!) verses. You may get enlightend. Open minds will for sure. There is no doubt. Not at all.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Brave American Woman protecting freedom and talking the truth since the USA still has the freedom of speech... Max respect & love from me. We need more people like this.

http://janmorganmedia.com/2014/09/business-muslim-free-zone/

Let me hope more brave americans fight the good fight and show the coward soft europeans how it is done: Never give in. Stand tall.

Good luck.

Fu3k Me , Is her range sponsored by Fox News :rolleyes:
"Since 9/11 muslims have committed over 21 thousand deadly terror attacks world wide"
George fu%%ing bush started the war on terror"
911 was a false flag op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQrpLp-X0ws&feature=youtube_gdata

http://www.ae911truth.org/
http://www.pilotsfor911truth.org/
http://www.pilotsfor911truth.org/

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Brave American Woman protecting freedom and talking the truth since the USA still has the freedom of speech... Max respect & love from me. We need more people like this.

http://janmorganmedia.com/2014/09/business-muslim-free-zone/

Let me hope more brave americans fight the good fight and show the coward soft europeans how it is done: Never give in. Stand tall.

Good luck.

I'm not sure the religion of guns is the answer either.

If we could eliminate religion, guns, and texting while driving the world would be a better place:)

oh so interesting! I've said several time on this forum that neocons were atheists and have been bashed for that. Now we have a living example here. :p

Basically, all these discussion are insignificant but on a meta level, it's interesting.

Recently I also claim there should be a good reason that such people support Putin, which made me revise my judgment on him (though I already did before). But now we may realise that those fellows pretend to support Putin in order to have the image of a rebel/dissident but when it matters they would always swear allegiance to whom it must and that is good ole Fox News and the American Neocons. :D Just like a little Lusitanian traitor. At the decisive moment, we saw what it was.

It ain't me, it ain't me. Ain't no fortunate son. :cool:

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
frenchfry said:
I'm not sure the religion of guns is the answer either.

If we could eliminate religion, guns, and texting while driving the world would be a better place:)

No doubt about that. But I always chose the least evil.

Echoes said:
oh so interesting! I've said several time on this forum that neocons were atheists and have been bashed for that. Now we have a living example here.

Basically, all these discussion are insignificant but on a meta level, it's interesting.

Recently I also claim there should be a good reason that such people support Putin, which made me revise my judgment on him (though I already did before). But now we may realise that those fellows pretend to support Putin in order to have the image of a rebel/dissident but when it matters they would always swear allegiance to whom it must and that is good ole Fox News and the American Neocons. :D Just like a little Lusitanian traitor. At the decisive moment, we saw what it was.

It ain't me, it ain't me. Ain't no fortunate son. :cool:

Whatever you think... :rolleyes:

Last time I checked, Putin strongly spoke against the islam. So besides fighting the fight against imperialists, he also sees the clear dangers of the future.

Anyway, that was more for the WP thread. If it comes hard on hard in the end, I stand for those who make our lives the least bad. And that is clearly the conservative (even though stark declining) people. If Europe is dumb dumb dumb enough to follow the soft lefties with their BS multi-kulti dream, I enjoy that at least Americans defend their freedom. Who knows: The unthinkable might happen, and I have to leave Europe for USA one day, when the muslims took over and implemented the scharia here (they are already working on it) ...

And then I laugh about all those guys defending the islam now, when they are oppressed by killers and simpletons in the not so far away future.

Ignorance is no excuse in law. In Germany it sounds better: Dummheit schuetzt vor Strafe nicht. And the pain & suffering will be big.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
No doubt about that. But I always chose the least evil.
...Last time I checked, Putin strongly spoke against the islam. So besides fighting the fight against imperialists, he also sees the clear dangers of the future.
actually, it is an interesting and far from a simple question - what is vlad's attitudes and policies towards islam ?

having been convinced for a while now that the western msm is virtually useless towards composing an objective picture, i did some of my own research attempting to answer the question...i came to the conclusion that vlad's views on islam are highly pragmatic (to the point of being cynical) and, as is typical of most of his moves, are part of a long-term calculus...

to begin with, russland has a high proportion of muslims (all sunnis) who's birthrate, as in europe, is x times above the slav's b. rate..that concerns him and the orthodox church (which became a de facto state appendix) greatly. the biggest difference btwn the western european muslims and the russland's ones is that they are indigenous and more (like the bashkirs and kazan tatars) or less (like chechens) have learned to coexist.

in some cases the co-existence is a true and productive cooperation - as the local muslims are essentially russified and the timid islam only returned 20 yo ago. this is the case with millions of kazan tatars who, in addition, are enjoying the highest standard of living b/c vlad wisely allowed them to keep their oil proceeds..

this is NOT the case with chechens, dagestanis and the other north caucasian tribes who had to be pacified by the force of arms (chechen wars etc) or other means. they are ardent believers and use their own languages. the way vlad deals with them is a mix of classic carrot and stick. plus generous, outright bribes, wise selection of local zhars and a very watchful kgb.

the current chechen king ramzan kadyrov is a good example. at one point, he and his (slain) father were rebel/independence whatever fighters. vlad had turned them via implementing a simple and effective policy. he said, 'you rule your subject anyway you wish. all i want is a 100% loyalty... i destroyed your capital, here's tens of billion to rebuild it...you want prayer houses ? you decide how many, here's more tens of billions. the bottom line, its not exactly a shariah law, but in kadyrov's fiefdom men can have as many wives as they decide (ramzan has 4), women are supposed to behave in a strict tradition, dress etc. above all, the whole fiefdom prays all day long, sometimes televised by the moscow tv across russia. the result ? kadyrov has become vlad's spearhead internally and a mouth piece with other islam rulers. the french cartoons are strictly forbidden (not just in chenen) but across the country. ramzan has brought to the street 1 million of his subject to protest the 'perverted' westren values...news24 and rt televised it...and it is not an exaggeration that ramzan is immensely popular with his subjects.

whats' more interesting is that outside vlad's domain, kadyrov is literally the best armed fist a ruler could ever have...not only hundreds of his loyal fighters are in eastern ukraine, they also hunt and kill HIS and vlad's personal enemies all over middle east. isis included... al caida included...soud and kuwait and jordan and lebanon etc included.

i could go on, but it's time to wrap up the rant..briefly, in dealing with all muslim leaders, vlad has a no-brainer message -'i am a conservative of my own, religiously inspired brand and i understand you'. where the ears are receptive, the message is, 'i am tired of the west's domination and tricks too...'. vlad's pragmatism has no bounds. he's cozy with the turks and their sworn enemy armenians. he plays Iranians (and they play him too to an extent) against israel with which he has EXCELLENT relations...he just started supplying weapons to pakistan while signing new weapons agreements with their sworn enemy india last month....

in one word, the west is yet to produce a politician equal to vlad's ability of understanding and playing islam.

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS