Riccardo Ricco - what does he do 2013?

Mar 17, 2012
1,069
0
0
Riccardo Ricco finished his career, as everyone knows.

What does he do now, after his career? He spoke about working in a bar, can this be confirmed?
 
Mar 17, 2012
1,069
0
0
Zam_Olyas said:
Dunno but he tweets from time to time.
OK, thanks. Seems to write only in Italian, which I don´t speak. Anyone of the Italian people here on board can summarize what he tweets about, what´s his situation? Just interested.
 
RHRH19861986 said:
OK, thanks. Seems to write only in Italian, which I don´t speak. Anyone of the Italian people here on board can summarize what he tweets about, what´s his situation? Just interested.
He did tweet about 2008 Giro once, i think he miss racing. i dont read all of his tweets.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
0
0
RHRH19861986 said:
Riccardo Ricco finished his career, as everyone knows.

What does he do now, after his career? He spoke about working in a bar, can this be confirmed?
follow him on twitter. he's hilarious. he's basiclaly living live easily with all the money he made. he doesn't have to work anymore and his twitter alone is worth money to read
 
Mar 17, 2012
1,069
0
0
Ryo Hazuki said:
follow him on twitter. he's hilarious. he's basiclaly living live easily with all the money he made. he doesn't have to work anymore and his twitter alone is worth money to read
OK, I´ll think about it. :)

But I´m sceptical about the "living live easily" you wrote.

2006 to mid 2008, he certainly made lots of money.

Mid 2010 to beginning of 2011, certainly rather mediocre money.

He certainly can live easy for a while, but that "while" won´t exceed 2 or 3 years, IMHO.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
0
0
he says himself he mad emore than enough to live easily now and I doubt he isn't. also eveyr now and then haters are tweeting him and he always responds with great humor and wit. the guy is a brilliant character on and of the bike. he also made a lot of money in vacansoleil. also I think ricco may have invested his money very wisely. similar to other riders like brusgehin that are millionaires
 
RHRH19861986 said:
OK, I´ll think about it. :)

But I´m sceptical about the "living live easily" you wrote.
Yeah, sounds like something Ricco would say.

RHRH19861986 said:
He certainly can live easy for a while, but that "while" won´t exceed 2 or 3 years, IMHO.
That's what I'm thinking - 4-5 years, max. Not the sharpest tool in the shed, Ricco.
 
Mar 17, 2012
1,069
0
0
Yeah, but Bruseghin had a very long career.

Ricco, I suppose, optimistically:

2006: 80.000 EUR
2007: 250.000 - 500.000
2008: Jan-Jul: 800.000
2010: 5 months Ceramice: 200.000, 4 months Vacansoleil: 300.000
2011: 4 months Vacansoleil: 300.000

Makes in total optimistically at the max 2,2 mio EUR. That´s little bit more of half of what e.g. Ullrich made within one year (3,5-4 mio), and Ullrich, who never has to work again, earned these sums over almost ten years.

So I might not be so easy for Ricco.
 
Sep 8, 2009
15,305
1
0
https://twitter.com/riccardo_ricco

still entertaining, still fit
still the same cobra

last messages for example:

"i have great memories from 2007 when i went to carlo santuccione and did tests on passo lanciano, a real great person"

"people like ferrari and santuccione should be paid by the federation to prepare our italian youngsters"

"Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony montanaaaaaaaaa"



is that sinkewitz?
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
0
0
ahaha yes. I read that ferrari statement. he's f;'n hilarious :D

also he someone says he should go work and he laughs at him saying no, I was smart enough to iake care of my money. now I can do whatever I want instead of you people working as sheep :D
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
0
0
spalco said:
If you're smart and modest. Two words that don't immediately come to mind when you think of Ricco.
as much of an outcast as he is. he seems to have done smart with his money. similar to how rujano is a multi millionaire who will never have to work a single day of his life. all you need is good manager and good mind for that ;) fortunately now rujano doesn't ride for the money anymore
 
Sep 8, 2009
15,305
1
0
he said he wants to go to live in central or south america, he already was there in vacation
why not maybe a coach for the athletes there ?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY