Riccardo Ricco - what does he do 2013?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 26, 2009
thehog said:
Is he allowed to ride Gran Fondos? Or is he banned from those as well?
Most Granfondo events are under FCI's flag so I highly doubt he would be welcomed, althought even in that area there are some fine dodgy teams.

spalco said:
Doubt it, it's probably just Cipollini being a nice guy and helping out a friend.
I opt for Giordana/DMT (the company behind the whole Cipollini's brand) just trying to get a few pubblicity for free.

Mar 31, 2010
thehog said:
Is he allowed to ride Gran Fondos? Or is he banned from those as well?
if you are banned from uci evens then you are also banned from grand fondo events. the grand fondo's have been on a rampage past years to get it's races clean.

Aug 16, 2013
RHRH19861986 said:
Riccardo Ricco finished his career, as everyone knows.

What does he do now, after his career? He spoke about working in a bar, can this be confirmed?
He rode the past three weeks in France. Won two stages and some jersey:p

Sep 8, 2009
i hope when he ban ends, he will go at lavenu. bananito, papy peraud, his twin brother romain bardet,,blel kadri and mythical gastauer. now that's a team!

Last edited:
He has moved back to Italy and is now selling ice cream near Modena.
Riccò selling ice cream and Di Luca having his own bike brand (I'd rather ride one of his bikes than a Cipo bike...), as long as they have found peace it's all good.

Reactions: Red Rick

ASK THE COMMUNITY