• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ricco

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
No, did not read that, i know about CN having an article on ricco from an italian blog i read. :p

Was it a good laugh this blog? That is what this thread needs. More humour.

I really wish someone would let Ricco back into cycling. Jack him up on what he was on in 2008, put him next to Froome and see what happens! :D

Warning. Don't go into the Froome thread. They are talking about the article. The comments section attached to the article...every is calling a spade a spade. People know this tour is a joke. Like I said, why not at least make it entertaining? Bring Ricco back I say.

Though the Italians banned him till 2024. Darn! :p

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Personally I think he should be allowed back... Under strict supervision and testing parameters, I think he's been hard done by compared to others.

And this is putting aside what you may think him as an individual.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
del1962 said:
http://www.ciclismointernacional.com/riccardo-ricco-si-pudiera-colaborar-y-eso-me-ayudara-a-volver-a-competir-lo-haria/

Could someone translate

Riccardo Riccó: “If collaborating can help me return to competition, I will do that.”

Go ahead Ricco, tell the authorities everything you know, even write a book afterwards

He is obviously alluding to Cookson and his desire to listen to Armstrong. And Riccó is spot on of course, why offer to listen to Armstrong and not to Riccó?

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
neineinei said:
He is obviously alluding to Cookson and his desire to listen to Armstrong. And Riccó is spot on of course, why offer to listen to Armstrong and not to Riccó?

He can listen to anybody. Neither Ricco nor Armstrong should ever race again. Ever.

neineinei said:

I agree. The Italians are mistreated and forgotten by the UCI.

I still view there needs to be a rehabilitation program for those suspended.

They need to demonstrate they want to come back to the sport.

2+ years of isolation does nothing to help the situation.

Come on Cookson, get this guy back in the sport!

Banned Italian rider Riccardo Riccò has confirmed to Cyclingnews that he plans to prove his credentials as one of the world's best climbers - by attempting to set new record times on some of cycling's most notorious ascents.

Riccò said on Wednesday that he will take aim at three or four legendary climbs, including the Mont Ventoux, in June or July 2014.

"The Ventoux is inked in, but I still have to decide on the other ones. One might be the Galibier, another could be Alpe d'Huez, but I don't know yet. It's all still in the planning stage. They'll be famous Giro and Tour climbs, that's for certain," the self-styled "Cobra" said.

Riccò's fascination with Mont Ventoux apparently blossomed in June this year, when French magazine l'Acheteur Cycliste invited him to their "Ventoux Night Session", a mass-participation, twilight ride to the "Giant of Provence's" summit. Riccò said today that, on that occasion, he paid no attention to how long the ascent had taken him, but that in 2014 he'll be gunning for the 55 minutes and 51 seconds set by Iban Mayo in a mountain time trial at the 2004 Dauphiné Libéré.

"I've got a feeling that'll be hard to beat, though," Riccò conceded.

the sceptic said:
I think he can do it. Now that he is cleans he can climb faster than when he was doping.

You can win cleans now. Brailsford told us that you can also beat the times of dopers cleans.

Go Ricco!

This guy would headspace FroomeDawg out of a race. The Dawg couldn't deal with him.

Bring him back.

thehog said:
You can win cleans now. Brailsford told us that you can also beat the times of dopers cleans.

Go Ricco!

This guy would headspace FroomeDawg out of a race. The Dawg couldn't deal with him.

Bring him back.

By the reasoning of [DELETED], Ricco was not cheating because all he did was dope and there was widespread doping at the time. Maybe Ricco will get a 'truth and reconciliation' do-over! You just gotta love pro cycling.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
MarkvW said:
By the reasoning of [DELETED], Ricco was not cheating because all he did was dope and there was widespread doping at the time. Maybe Ricco will get a 'truth and reconciliation' do-over! You just gotta love pro cycling.
Hi Mark,
Who said that?
You wanna show me there was "widespread doping" in 2008??
Or would you rather [DELETE] your post so I do not have to [DELETE] you.

martinvickers said:
He can listen to anybody. Neither Ricco nor Armstrong should ever race again. Ever.
Why not, it would be hilarious! If you dangle the carrot just close enough, Uniball and Il Cobra might spill ALL the beans for once. Think of the red faces, the denials, the excuses, the slander. Months and months of limitless entertainment. If those two go nuclear half the pro peloton and most of the management will retire on the spot in the hope of reducing the damage.

The sport would have to completely rebuild afterwards but it would be a fun ride :D:D

Dr. Maserati said:
Hi Mark,
Who said that?
You wanna show me there was "widespread doping" in 2008??
Or would you rather [DELETE] your post so I do not have to [DELETE] you.

Hey. . . I'm challenging an idea. I specifically deleted the name of the proponent of that idea.

But it's good to know that you have the opinion that there was no widespread doping in 2008! Maybe the "new generation" "turned the corner" and "deserved a chance!"

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Hey. . . I'm challenging an idea. I specifically deleted the name of the proponent of that idea.

But it's good to know that you have the opinion that there was no widespread doping in 2008! Maybe the "new generation" "turned the corner" and "deserved a chance!"

You're challenging an idea? Really?
Well then you would, you know, challenge the idea, in the appropriate place.

You appear to be doing something else - its not the idea you are challenging - there is a word for it.

Now, again if you wish I can certainly meet this challenge.

Dr. Maserati said:
You're challenging an idea? Really?
Well then you would, you know, challenge the idea, in the appropriate place.

You appear to be doing something else - its not the idea you are challenging - there is a word for it.

Now, again if you wish I can certainly meet this challenge.

Please leave me alone.