• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ricco

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BroDeal said:
Based on what? He had one screw up with a blood transfusion. He could just as well end up in an early grave if he gets depressed because he can't race.
Based on his personality, or at least the part of his personality we see through the media. He lives in denial, has a weird sense of entitlement, is supercompetitive and egocentric, and not very bright. Depression is a real threat in his case, but in the long run I think he has a better chance of pulling it off if he's made to stay away from pro cycling.

hrotha said:
Based on his personality, or at least the part of his personality we see through the media. He lives in denial, has a weird sense of entitlement, is supercompetitive and egocentric, and not very bright. Depression is a real threat in his case, but in the long run I think he has a better chance of pulling it off if he's made to stay away from pro cycling.

To me that sounds like voodoo psychoanalysis. If he has self-destructive tendencies then he would be better off with a job that requires him to stay dedicated to a healthy lifestyle.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
It has to be better than having no need to do anything for days other than binge eat and drink, no reason not to use recreational drugs, and the freedom to have a crappy sleep schedule.

While I agree with what you are saying, in Ricco's case - much like Pantani, it wasn't about cycling but the attention, fame and acceptance that he craved.

The private admissions and public denials are very worrying. His career as a rider is finished, so I hope he moves on and finds something else that is meaningful soon.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
His career as a rider is finished, so I hope he moves on and finds something else that is meaningful soon.

I was thinking the same thing. From what I've seen of him, is he isn't the person I would like, personally. But, I would not wish him a major depression or worse. I hope he will be able to move on with his live.

BroDeal said:
It has to be better than having no need to do anything for days other than binge eat and drink, no reason not to use recreational drugs, and the freedom to have a crappy sleep schedule.

Yea but we really shouldn't use one drug to replace the others me thinks, however healthy. For a drug addict is a drug addict and that is that.

Dr. Maserati said:
While I agree with what you are saying, in Ricco's case - much like Pantani, it wasn't about cycling but the attention, fame and acceptance that he craved.

The private admissions and public denials are very worrying. His career as a rider is finished, so I hope he moves on and finds something else that is meaningful soon.

Well he says he can always become a barman.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I bet Riccó will be making the news in the future and it will not be positive news. He is surrounded by people involved in the negative aspects of cycling and it is highly unlikely to change anytime soon unless he ups sticks to a different country to put lost of distance between himself and these so called friends.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ricco-meets-with-modena-investigators

Riccò claimed that he carried out the infusion alone, and is quoted in Gazzetta as saying, “I know how to do infusions, whether it’s endovenous or intramuscular.”

How the hell does a rider who is a smart as dead Horse know how to self infuse ?

Practice, this statement alone should be enough to bad him from the sport for Life.

Wonder which team he signs for next year?

just some guy said:
How the hell does a rider who is a smart as dead Horse know how to self infuse ?

Practice, this statement alone should be enough to bad him from the sport for Life.

Wonder which team he signs for next year?

I don't think it's that difficult. Millions of junkies around the world do it every day...

However, saying it was just iron is a really weird defense, considering it should be plainly obvious what actually happened to any qualified medical professional from his hospital records and the tests there, no?
I'm not saying I believe him, but if he's lying, it's a really stupid lie imo. Stupid even by Ricco standards.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
spalco said:
I don't think it's that difficult. Millions of junkies around the world do it every day...

However, saying it was just iron is a really weird defense, considering it should be plainly obvious what actually happened to any qualified medical professional from his hospital records and the tests there, no?
I'm not saying I believe him, but if he's lying, it's a really stupid lie imo. Stupid even by Ricco standards.

an injection is different to using a bag etc

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
How desperate is Meridiana to get him to race for them? You'd think his mom or wife was running the team, ok family member.

We all know this will come to nothing, the UCI won't allow him to race a ProTour race. If it does it would only put the last nail in the coffin of the UCI's chance to get some honesty back.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
dreaming for a giro 13 with Ricco in superform making Nibali, Scarponi and Rujano bite the dust :p

Why? He is clearly a recidivist with an inability to stay clean. You really do support people taking possibly life threatening drugs for your enjoyment?

TRENDING THREADS