• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Richard Carapaz discussion thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Db8ojR9W0AAkYPK.jpg

First of many. This is so much more than just a simple victory. In Ecuador, they only care about one thing and one thing only, which is football. Things like these could open the eyes of not only the people, but also the government to invest more into cycling. This success by Carapaz and Caicedo and in the near future Jhonnatan Narvaez and Jefferson Cepeda, could be the stepping stone for many more talented Ecuadorians to get into cycling.

Re: Re:

Moviestar said:
yaco said:
Good to see young riders like Carapaz, O'Connor, Oomen, Schackman and Haig all riding well.

I hope he will get a free role in the Vuelta, he can do so much more than leading the pack climb after climb.

That's highly unlikely as Movistar has already stated Valverde and Landa are headed to the Vuelta (most likely Quintana as well). Valverde is still chasing a ton of history there as well.

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site

Koronin said:
Moviestar said:
yaco said:
Good to see young riders like Carapaz, O'Connor, Oomen, Schackman and Haig all riding well.

I hope he will get a free role in the Vuelta, he can do so much more than leading the pack climb after climb.

That's highly unlikely as Movistar has already stated Valverde and Landa are headed to the Vuelta (most likely Quintana as well). Valverde is still chasing a ton of history there as well.

I think he meant Haig

mosh1992 said:
Koronin said:
Moviestar said:
yaco said:

I think he meant Haig

You're probably right.

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
When he started to attack Lopez today, the distance to Yates immediately decreased by 10s. What a pity, that he did not try to push more.

Re:

Moviestar said:
Bravo Richie!!

2nd in the queens stage, one stage win, currently 5th in his first Giro and perhaps the white jersey with a struggling MAL.
It's been a phenomenal race for him. And it's going to give Movistar some problems going forward - Quintana, Landa, Valverde, Amador, possibly Soler and now Carapaz. That's half a squad capable of top 5 GT finishes, but none of whom (execpt Landa who joined specifically to be leader), are much good as domestiques.

TRENDING THREADS