• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Richard Virenque

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
ElChingon said:
Some people (or is it you people :D ), need to realize its all about the money and to the moon with ethics/morals. No matter how much people say its for the love of the sport, in the end its all about the money.

Prove me wrong. I have history of this whole thing on my side.

Dicky V might get a few French housewives to buy a new watch for their wannabe cyclist partner.

Bassons

Kimmage

Scott Mercier

to name 3 that chose not to go for the money.

I truly hope that Festina's sales suffer in France for this. Virenque was only second to LePen as the most hated person in France for a while. Smug git should've been thrown out of the sport with the rest of the trash.

TdF'13 quote

great quotes today:

Virenque was then asked if cycling was now clearer than during his era, to which he responded. "The rules are different now and it's cleaner now. There are concrete rules today and if everyone pays attention to the rules it's possible to ride clean. Cycling is now an example that other sports can look at and it's 15 years ahead of where other sports are."

Asked if would have preferred to ride in today's current peloton or in the 1990s, Virenque said: "I could have been a great rider from any period, as long as I had a number on my back and team to ride for.”

TourOfSardinia said:
great quotes today:

Virenque was then asked if cycling was now clearer than during his era, to which he responded. "The rules are different now and it's cleaner now. There are concrete rules today and if everyone pays attention to the rules it's possible to ride clean. Cycling is now an example that other sports can look at and it's 15 years ahead of where other sports are."

Asked if would have preferred to ride in today's current peloton or in the 1990s, Virenque said: "I could have been a great rider from any period, as long as I had a number on my back and team to ride for.”

Which is what is don't understand - The rules were the same i.e. no doping
Also he said something like everybody in the Festina team should test positive not just him.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
IndianCyclist said:
Which is what is don't understand - The rules were the same i.e. no doping
Also he said something like everybody in the Festina team should test positive not just him.

Was that a dig at Bassons.

Virenque, what a joke, but it shows how strong Omerta is in the sport still.

Benotti69 said:
Was that a dig at Bassons.

Virenque, what a joke, but it shows how strong Omerta is in the sport still.

I was told that Virenque isn't too bad a commentator now, but I don't have any pay channels so luckly don't even have to try to avoid him. He is a scumbag and like Wonderboy is probably happy to see others exposed in order to present themselves as victims.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
frenchfry said:
I was told that Virenque isn't too bad a commentator now, but I don't have any pay channels so luckly don't even have to try to avoid him. He is a scumbag and like Wonderboy is probably happy to see others exposed in order to present themselves as victims.

I have no time for Virenque. He should be stripped of all his KOM titles or at least the doping * beside them.