• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Richie Porte Discussion Thread.

Page 73 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

In which year will Porte win the GT Treble?

• He will only manage the double

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
Re:

movingtarget said:
I don't think BMC would be too unhappy with Porte's performance so far. Plenty of Tour riders who have done better than Porte in the past finished behind him yesterday. Funny how some people are already writing off Porte for the rest of the season. Strange.

He targeted this race and in the end he might not even make it to the podium.Seems just right to criticize him.Not climbing better than Thomas is not a good sign at all when your suppose to fight out for GT glory.Let's see if today can do more about it.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, he's taking a more relaxed approach in the spring it seems, which for him it's a good sign since he can still compete.

Maybe he's learning from earlier mistakes with a long peak in the spring and then fails in the GT's.

But I still don't expect him to finish higher than 5th in the Tour as maximum.

Re:

rm7 said:
Hmm, he's taking a more relaxed approach in the spring it seems, which for him it's a good sign since he can still compete.

Maybe he's learning from earlier mistakes with a long peak in the spring and then fails in the GT's.

But I still don't expect him to finish higher than 5th in the Tour as maximum.
I dunno, I see podium along with Froome and Bertie.

LRP looks like he's building up to some sort of crescendo, maybe Le Tour is his symphony?

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Irondan said:
I dunno, I see podium along with Froome and Bertie.

LRP looks like he's building up to some sort of crescendo, maybe Le Tour is his symphony?
Quintana will be on the podium barring crashes and other weird stuff.

I'm not a fan of Porte, but as a cycling fan, I don't wish anybody bad luck or misfortunes. Porte seems to collect bad luck and misfortunes. Could some of it be in his head, handling the pressure, and then all of the sudden he doesn't feel too well and things fall apart? He was a very reliable super-dom, but PN put aside (pretty much), as a leader, a pattern may be establishing itself: it's one problem or another...what do you think?

TRENDING THREADS