• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Richie Porte - what do we know about him?

Page 79 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
What motivates you to make a post like that if not to imply that you think Porte is clean?

I wrote about my discussion with a rider as I thought some here might find it interesting. You decided to lie about what I wrote in order to troll. Some might call that
BroDeal said:
your unhinged obsession

BYOP88 said:
Relax, Jimmy, relax!

You know it's TUEsday tomorrow and a rest day, medical miracles will happen in hotel rooms in France.

Porte's eyes will be bunging out if his head come Wednesday.

Brailsford is probably thinking - should we? Should we not? If Porte grows wings it would be fairly obvious. I said he's at TVG. If he becomes Mandone '13 then even Walsh might blush.

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Porte's eyes will be bunging out if his head come Wednesday.

Brailsford is probably thinking - should we? Should we not? If Porte grows wings it would be fairly obvious. I said he's at TVG. If he becomes Mandone '13 then even Walsh might blush.

Bit of a quandry for Brailsfraud, is he asking Porte to lay off a bit? If he took yellow today and kept it for the rest of the tour it would be a huge red flashing light. 2nd or 3rd but no higher?

Porte was 50/1 the evening before Froome pulled out. I think it was a wise each way bet :D

Chipist said:
Bit of a quandry for Brailsfraud, is he asking Porte to lay off a bit? If he took yellow today and kept it for the rest of the tour it would be a huge red flashing light. 2nd or 3rd but no higher?

Porte was 50/1 the evening before Froome pulled out. I think it was a wise each way bet :D

A Podium would also line him up for the Leaders number next year when Dawg is cut adrift.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
You just know Nibali will crash and Porte will win. It has to happen.

Maybe Nibali could test positive? He is already very suspect in bot-land so this would come as a surprise to no one. Then Porte could cruise to victory.

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Porte rode stronger in 2013. Waiting for him to unleash.

He also didn't have almost the entire season out with illness leading up to the Tour. I would expect him to be under the levels he was achieving last year, since his training must have been affected.

TRENDING THREADS