• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Richie Porte - what do we know about him?

Page 89 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Why would he? Assuming he's a doper in the first place, going by past examples, they first had to get caught and cornered for months/years before admitting anything. Actually not admitting to anything seems to be the norm, Vino, Bertie, Rebellin, etc...

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Ferminal said:
He's doing TDU I thought? I'd expect to see the Wilunga record fall (if no wind).

Is 1 month of antibiotics a lot?

Richie for tour leadership.. Just got to rediscover the climbing faster than Lance on madone shape.

webvan said:
Why would he? Assuming he's a doper in the first place, going by past examples, they first had to get caught and cornered for months/years before admitting anything. Actually not admitting to anything seems to be the norm, Vino, Bertie, Rebellin, etc...

Well yes, of course we are assuming he is a doper.....never assume...it makes an a$$ of u and me :D

Hog posted many times over a year ago that Ritchie would crack and tell the truth....Hog had conducted sone sort of in-depth remote psychoanalysis of Ritchie via the television set that gave Hog some sort of unique insight into Ritchie's psyche....

....anyway, just asking for an update to see if Hog was right or totally wrong

Mark L

Dazed and Confused said:
It strikes me as being a long period, but I'm not a doctor.

Porte will have to come to Europe and beat some of the forum's favorite dopers to generate traffic methinks.

1 month is a long time.
1 week to 10 days is a fairly typical course, but if he has had a persistent issue that is resistant to normal treatment then a longer stronger course would be warranted.

Still is a long one though.

Catwhoorg said:
1 month is a long time.
1 week to 10 days is a fairly typical course, but if he has had a persistent issue that is resistant to normal treatment then a longer stronger course would be warranted.

Still is a long one though.
Sometimes they choose the wrong antibiotic and have to change
treatment after the first week - that doubles the time.

Dazed and Confused said:
One month of antibiotics has solved Porte's poor form. And a new girlfriend helped too.
"I've had a brilliant off-season so far. I ended my racing season in August and went on a month-long course of antibiotics. There was a couple of lifestyle changes too, like having a girlfriend, and my motivation has improved as my health and fitness have gone up,"

From CN article: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/porte-targets-tour-down-under-after-difficult-2014

I'm pulling a quote from the '13 PN: "Can that be right?"

ah, so he changed.

I thought he was with Tiffany Cromwell.

TourOfSardinia said:
Sometimes they choose the wrong antibiotic and have to change
treatment after the first week - that doubles the time.

I experienced that a couple of years ago with a sinus infection.

Took three rounds of progressively stronger ones. Ended up with a very swish (expensive) 4th gen one.

But still unusual.

So little Richie and Co back on form for 2015 eh

wam4au.jpg
[/IMG]

There is big news for Tasmanian cycling fans. The 2013 Tour de France champion Chris Froome will join his Sky teammate Richie Porte in the Stan Siejka Launceston Cycling Classic next month.

The Team Sky duo will take part in two events on the weekend of 6-7 December as they ramp up their preparation for the 2015 season after a largely disappointing year in the saddle.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/11/06/froome-porte-race-tasmania-december/

Dazed and Confused said:
Froome and Porte should start the 2015 campaign at TDU.
I see a model where they will race together more, a bit like 2013.

1 - 2

I agree. Both riders, high on predisone, beating up on French riders and killing the field. This year was fairly boring when Sky wasn't winning everything.

We also need another Walsh book on how hard they train.

thehog said:
I agree. Both riders, high on predisone, beating up on French riders and killing the field. This year was fairly boring when Sky wasn't winning everything.

We also need another Walsh book on how hard they train.

The dynamic duo needs more than that to get onto the podium in '15.

pastronef said:
one year for Nibali, one year for Sky :p

Dominant and predictable.

At least the train is now running on coal and not nuclear fuel.