• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Richie Porte

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 25, 2010
Visit site
Who wouldn't get nervy feet at the mass exodus of cyclists leving Saxo Bank. I think its understandable that Richie is at least entertaining the offers from other teams.

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
yeah 7th because of a break that gave him ridiculous time. like I said without that not even top 20. not by a long shot
If you discount stage 11 he would have been 10 th in the gc.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
To FLY-V

Tuarts said:
Who wouldn't get nervy feet at the mass exodus of cyclists leving Saxo Bank. I think its understandable that Richie is at least entertaining the offers from other teams.

fox1981 said:
Good on Riis for slapping him back down to earth. Personally, I don't know why he's considering a move. Hes young, only has a year to go on this contract and will get to ride with/for Alberto Contador.
What more could a future GC aspirant want than that. He should remember he is one bad season away from going back to nobody.

python said:
riis had to stop the exodus from the team and unfortunately for porte he'll be the plug material.

agree with the dsut4392 analysis. big difference between canc and porte.
canc would not be allowed out if riis did not recruit berto and the the financial gain he acquired as the result.

Moondance said:
Hmmm... I think its a little hypocritical on the part of Riis. He basically forces The Canc out of a deal with a year on it. But when Porte looks to see whether he can do the same, Riis 'slaps him down.' Why is Porte's contact holy, when The Canc's isn't?

Jamsque said:
Because he can't afford to pay Spartacus now that he has Contador, but Porte is cheap cheap cheap.

Well RP is free to leave Riis now (ethical reasons etc. etc. etc. etc.)

Where will Richie FLY to ... to become a VERGIN ?

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
DAOTEC said:
Well RP is free to leave Riis now (ethical reasons etc. etc. etc. etc.)
Why would he be fre to leave? Unless Contadors positive closes Saxo Bank or there's a special clause in RPs contract it doesn't have an impact.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
As I said countless times in other threads, Porte won't be going to Pegasus.

If I recall correctly, him and Chris White had an altercation a few years ago which got messy. Unless Richie is a forgiving bloke, no way will he want to be associated with White.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Sasquatch said:
As I said countless times in other threads, Porte won't be going to Pegasus.

If I recall correctly, him and Chris White had an altercation a few years ago which got messy. Unless Richie is a forgiving bloke, no way will he want to be associated with White.

:D Just a rainy day in Ulverstone

May 25, 2010
Visit site
And they knew Riis was going to release him at the time of Interbike?

I know Nostradamus was Italian but still...

Oh and I feel it my duty as a self-proclaimed "fanboy" of Pegasus: I resent your comment Ferminal. :D

Hmm...might need some pointers on the fanboyism... :/

Tuarts said:
And they knew Riis was going to release him at the time of Interbike?

I know Nostradamus was Italian but still...

Oh and I feel it my duty as a self-proclaimed "fanboy" of Pegasus: I resent your comment Ferminal. :D

Hmm...might need some pointers on the fanboyism... :/

I'll help.

Pegasus will win the TdF in the next three years... Pegasus ride clean... Pegasus have a roster stronger than Katusha. Plenty of caps and exclamations too!

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
53 x 11 said:
What was the big announcement from Liquigas due today? Could it be Richie?

because if contador is banned, the saxo team will fall apart before the start of next year and all the riders will be without contract.

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
We can only assume Daotec, being omnipotent as ever has seen something we haven't and that Riis has in fact released him.

because if contador is banned, the saxo team will fall apart before the start of next year and all the riders will be without contract.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
I'll help.

Pegasus will win the TdF in the next three years... Pegasus ride clean... Pegasus have a roster stronger than Katusha. Plenty of caps and exclamations too!

Ah yes, I think you've been around ACF, it shows.

Nah, I just don't think Pegasus are mismatch. If they are then setting up the 4 teams as they are doing/trying is the wrong way to go about it. It's not all just money being splashed everywhere. Wether the riders they attract to their PT team are of calibre is another matter, but I'm simple - I'm happy a team from Aus is finally having a decent crack.

Tuarts said:
Ah yes, I think you've been around ACF, it shows.

Nah, I just don't think Pegasus are mismatch. If they are then setting up the 4 teams as they are doing/trying is the wrong way to go about it. It's not all just money being splashed everywhere. Wether the riders they attract to their PT team are of calibre is another matter, but I'm simple - I'm happy a team from Aus is finally having a decent crack.

I've got nothing against them, but I think they will be a poor man's Sky for a while, and we all know how hard it's been for them.

<pORTE STAYS WITH rIIS & sAXO

I have talk with Riis and offcourse i will ride for Saxo bank next year, saxo bank is the best team for me. (´Porte stated )

http://www.sporten.dk/cykling/richie-porte-bliver-hos-riis

but this was right before Contador bombshell hit Riis.

Damn, it has gone fast downhill for the worlds best cycling team. :(

I feel for Contador if he relly is innocence, this situation really gotta hurt like you couldnt amagine.

But i dont know if he is innocence, but one thing is for sure, that this is a really strange negative drug to take for the worlds best rider.

and old drug, wery very easy to see, much smartere drugs out there, also if it from earlyer blood.

and also if he is using doping, then it would be strange for him to choose the team with the most hysteric drug control & programs of all the teams.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
bobbins said:
If he goes to Virgin or to Sky, Murdoch will still be his boss if the rumours are to be believed.

Virgin? Are they sponsoring a team? Maybe they are, I may have missed something. It would be good if they did. Big rivalry with Sky there.

Mambo95 said:
Virgin? Are they sponsoring a team? Maybe they are, I may have missed something. It would be good if they did. Big rivalry with Sky there.

No rivalry, Murdoch is believed to be buying the Virgin team as a feeder into the Sky team. No news on what is happening to Brailsford yet.