• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

RideLondon-Surrey Classic (1.HC) 31/07

lr8711E.png

Better late than never!

Startlist: http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/RideLondon_Classic_2016_Startlist
Top riders include Oss, Drucker (defending champion), Matthews, Hayman, de Busschere, Roelandts, Boeckmans, Langeveld, Wippert, Von Hoff, Blythe, McLay, Froome, Swift, Thomas, D v Poppel, Colbrelli, Boonen, Trentin, Terpstra, Cummings, Renshaw

Race situation: Geraint Thomas has attacked from 90km out, causing a group of 15 or so to form, reportedly containing Froome and Michael Matthews.

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
That's the first time I've seen on the moto commentary. Interesting to see how large a gap actually is when the moto zooms from the peleton to the front of the race.

Has this style of commentary been used before?

Re:

trucido said:
That's the first time I've seen on the moto commentary. Interesting to see how large a gap actually is when the moto zooms from the peleton to the front of the race.

Millar has done this before. Perhaps this race last year.

SlickMongoose said:
This course is good fun, it's always a tougher race than it looks like it should be from the profile..

Lumpy British roads strike again.

Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
trucido said:

Millar has done this before. Perhaps this race last year.

SlickMongoose said:
This course is good fun, it's always a tougher race than it looks like it should be from the profile..

Lumpy British roads strike again.
RAI sometimes have Paolo Savoldelli chasing the péloton on a moto. Probably cursing the slow speed at which it descends.

Re:

trucido said:

It used to happen a lot more and it's still being used, allthough not much with a camera anymore.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

trucido said:

Sporza does it for all the classics + Belgian races + Tour.

TRENDING THREADS