• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rider schedules and targets for 2022

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So two domestiques for Pogacar at the tour are also already fixed: McNulty and Soler

McNulty schedule:

Algarve (as leader)
Paris-Nice
Tour de Romandie (as leader)

Tour
Vuelta

Soler schedule:

Valencia
Strade Bianche
Tirreno-Adriatico
Catalunya
Pais Vasco

Tour
Vuelta

Interesting will be which domestiques Almeida will get for the giro. I only heard from Costa yet and that Formolo was scheduled for the giro.

Reactions: Sandisfan
So two domestiques for Pogacar at the tour are also already fixed: McNulty and Soler

McNulty schedule:

Algarve (as leader)
Paris-Nice
Tour de Romandie (as leader)

Tour
Vuelta

Soler schedule:

Valencia
Strade Bianche
Tirreno-Adriatico
Catalunya
Pais Vasco

Tour
Vuelta

Interesting will be which domestiques Almeida will get for the giro. I only heard from Costa yet and that Formolo was scheduled for the giro.
Oliveiras?

Also Ulissi and Conti.
Well Conti changed teams to Astana, but another italian talent with a very similar name is scheduled for the giro:

Also Ulissi as you mentioned will be there.

What´s with Bennett and Polanc? I think Hirschi is more likely for the tour..

Well Conti changed teams to Astana, but another italian talent with a very similar name is scheduled for the giro:

Also Ulissi as you mentioned will be there.

What´s with Bennett and Polanc? I think Hirschi is more likely for the tour..
Yeah, I got them mixed up, my bad.

So UAE Tour team looks something like Pogacar, Majka, Soler, McNulty, Bennett, Hirschi, plus 2 guys for the flat. Hirschi will have to step up after an average 2021 but that's a pretty scary looking team.

They've got 5 guys confirmed for the Giro now - Almeida, Formolo, Costa, Ulissi, Covi. I think they should also send one their sprinters, whoever shows best form in the spring, and a bit of a lead out.

And then Vuelta seems stacked with all the GC guys again.

So UAE Tour team looks something like Pogacar, Majka, Soler, McNulty, Bennett, Hirschi, plus 2 guys for the flat. Hirschi will have to step up after an average 2021 but that's a pretty scary looking team.

They've got 5 guys confirmed for the Giro now - Almeida, Formolo, Costa, Ulissi, Covi. I think they should also send one their sprinters, whoever shows best form in the spring, and a bit of a lead out.

For the tour team it would basically be Soler for Formolo and Bennett for Costa, if you compare it with last year. It´s a bit better, but I still wouldn´t say that this team will be unbeatable (if you compare it with Sky years). It will depend on Pogacar, if he can be beaten, his team surely can be beaten.

What I understood is, that they want to go to the vuelta with Ackermann. With Pogacar, Almeida, Soler, McNulty and Majka targeting the vuelta, there will not be a lot of space for a sprint train...

I think Pogacar will certainly want Vegard Stake Laengen in his Tour team. Armstrong was a big fan of Padrnos in his Tour team, and Pogacar is a fan of Laengen.

These tall, big guys you need on the flat roads.

Jakob Fuglsang. A lot of race days in spring:

-Volta Valenciana
-Vuelta Andalucía
-Strade Bianche
-Tirreno Adriatico
-Settimana Coppi e Bartali
-Ronde Van Vlaanderen
-Amstel Gold Race
-Fleche Wallonne
-Liege Bastogne Liege
-Tour de Romandie

-Tour de France

Pretty much an identical schedule to what he has done in 2018 and 2019.
I doubt he will be going to the Tour for GC. Only stage-hunting there and maybe going for the mountains-jersey.

Settimana is probably a preparation race for him to be in great form for Ronde and the Ardennes races, which is probably his main targets this spring.

Pretty much an identical schedule to what he has done in 2018 and 2019.
I doubt he will be going to the Tour for GC. Only stage-hunting there and maybe going for the mountains-jersey.

Settimana is probably a preparation race for him to be in great form for Ronde and the Ardennes races, which is probably his main targets this spring.
Coppi and Bartali is replacing Itzulia that won't fit with Ronde and Amstel. And him going there probably serves also as easy points farming for the team, something that this year will be a recurring circumstance for at least 8/10 teams with the WT licenses at stake at end of the season.

Coppi and Bartali is replacing Itzulia that won't fit with Ronde and Amstel. And him going there probably serves also as easy points farming for the team, something that this year will be a recurring circumstance for at least 8/10 teams with the WT licenses at stake at end of the season.

I think its Coppi Bartali instead of Catalunya and as you say chances for more points in a weaker field, than Catalunya that will probably have a better field.

He needs a race between T-A and Ronde/the Ardennes, so it is a win-win situation hopefully.

Of course not doing Itzulia, with that starting right after Ronde.

TRENDING THREADS