• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rider schedules and targets for 2022

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think its Coppi Bartali instead of Catalunya and as you say chances for more points in a weaker field, than Catalunya that will probably have a better field.

He needs a race between T-A and Ronde/the Ardennes, so it is a win-win situation hopefully.

Of course not doing Itzulia, with that starting right after Ronde.
I mean in his usual schedule it replaces Itzulia as final pre classics stage race.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Lotto Soudal schedules...

Interesting:
Ewan focussing on MSR before doing 2 GTs again + Looks like he's doing 2 Flemish classics
Gilbert and Wellens basicallyfocussing solely on the hill classics (together with Kron as leaders)
Vermeersch, Van Moer and Campenaerts leaders in the main Flemish classics, basically doing them all
De Lie leader in the smaller Belgian one day races already, excited to see him perform already.

Caleb Ewan: Saudi Tour, UAE Tour, Tirreno-Adriatico, Milaan-Sanremo, Oxyclean Classic Brugge-De Panne, Gent-Wevelgem in Flanders Fields, Giro and Tour.

Philippe Gilbert: Challenge Mallorca, Tour de Provence, Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, Le Samyn, Parijs-Nice, Milaan-Sanremo, Ronde van Catalonië, Volta Limburg Classic, Amstel Gold Race, Brabantse Pijl, Waalse Pijl and Luik-Bastenaken-Luik.

Florian Vermeersch: Tour des Alpes Maritimes et du Var, Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne, Le Samyn, Strade Bianche, Nokere Koerse, Bredene-Koksijde Classic, Oxyclean Classic Brugge-De Panne, E3 Saxo Bank Classic, Dwars door Vlaanderen, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Brabantse Pijl, Parijs-Roubaix and Ronde van Spanje.

Victor Campenaerts: Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne, Le Samyn, Strade Bianche, Tirreno-Adriatico, Bredene-Koksijde Classic, E3 Saxo Bank Classic, Gent-Wevelgem, Dwars door Vlaanderen, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Amstel Gold Race, Brabantse Pijl and Parijs-Roubaix.

Andreas Kron: Challenge Mallorca, Jaén Paraiso Interior, Tour des Alpes Maritimes et du Var, Tour de l’Ardèche, Drôme Classic, Strade Bianche, Amstel Gold Race, Brabantse Pijl, Waalse Pijl and Luik-Bastenaken-Luik.

Brent Van Moer: Tour des Alpes Maritimes et du Var, Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne, Le Samyn, Strade Bianche, Nokere Koerse, Bredene-Koksijde Classic, Oxyclean Classic Brugge-De Panne, E3 Saxo Bank Classic, Gent-Wevelgem, Dwars door Vlaanderen, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Brabantse Pijl and Parijs-Roubaix.

Tim Wellens: Challenge Mallorca, Jaén Paraiso Interior, Tour des Alpes Maritimes et du Var, Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, Strade Bianche, Tirreno-Adriatico, Volta Limburg Classic, Amstel Gold Race, Brabantse Pijl, Waalse Pijl and Luik-Bastenaken-Luik.

Arnaud De Lie: Challenge Mallorca, Tour des Alpes Maritimes et du Var, Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne, Le Samyn, GP Jean-Pierre Monseré, Nokere Koerse, Bredene-Koksijde Classic, Oxyclean Classic Brugge-De Panne, Gent-Wevelgem, Dwars door Vlaanderen, Ronde van Vlaanderen and Scheldeprijs.

So to have Bora's schedule also here:
Giro: Kelderman, Buchmann, Hindley, Kämna
Tour: Vlasov, Bennett, Schachmann, Politt, Großschartner, Konrad
Vuelta: Higuita

Just looked up the teams of the favourites for this years giro.

The depth of Bora´s giro team is pretty strong in comparison to the other teams. Ineos also looks strong, although they will also go with one (or two) spaces for a sprinter. Almeida´s team for now looks a bit weaker..

Ineos GrenadiersBora-HansgroheUAE Team EmiratesJumbo Visma
CarapazKeldermanAlmeidaDumoulin
Geoghegan HartBuchmannFormoloFoss
PorteHindleyCostaHarper
VivianiKämnaUlissiOomen
PidcockFabbroCoviBouwman
SwiftAleottiEenkhoorn
Affini
van Emden

Last edited:
So to have Bora's schedule also here:
Giro: Kelderman, Buchmann, Hindley, Kämna
Tour: Vlasov, Bennett, Schachmann, Politt, Großschartner, Konrad
Vuelta: Higuita

Just looked up the teams of the favourites for this years giro.

The depth of Bora´s giro team is pretty strong in comparison to the other teams. Ineos also looks strong, although they will also go with one (or two) spaces for a sprinter. Almeida´s team for now looks a bit weaker..

Ineos GrenadiersBora-HansgroheUAE Team EmiratesJumbo Visma
CarapazKeldermanAlmeidaDumoulin
Geoghegan HartBuchmannFormoloFoss
PorteHindleyCostaHarper
VivianiKämnaUlissiOomen
PidcockFabbroCoviBouwman
SwiftAleottiHarper
Affini
van Emden
UAE doesn't look that weak to me. Although INEOS looks stronger, that's true.

Btw...you forgot Harper for Jumbo Visma;)

• Wow
UAE doesn't look that weak to me. Although INEOS looks stronger, that's true.

Btw...you forgot Harper for Jumbo Visma;)
Harper is too important to be listed only once.. ;)

The spring schedule for Higuita is out:

NC
Strade Bianche
Volta Catalunya
País Vasco
Ardennes Classics

The vuelta as big target later..

I think in Catalunya and Pais Vasco we will get already an idea where he stands after two weaker years..

Vlasov schedule:

Valencia
UAE Tour
Paris-Nice
Gran Premio Miguel Indurain
Pais Vasco
Fleche Wallone
Liege-Bastogne-Liege
Tour de Romandie
Dauphine
Tour de France
Il Lombardia

Solid one..

Vlasov schedule:

Valencia
UAE Tour
Paris-Nice
Gran Premio Miguel Indurain
Pais Vasco
Fleche Wallone
Liege-Bastogne-Liege
Tour de Romandie
Dauphine
Tour de France
Il Lombardia

Solid one..
40+ race days before the Tour, if I did my homework.
Bit of a heavy schedule for someone with the Tour as his main target of the season.

Reactions: noob and Sandisfan
So the cycling season 2022 is closed to the beginning and I just looked a bit to find out which World Tour teams still didn´t announce the targets of their top riders for the next season.

I´m missing

• EF Education - Easy Post (Uran, Padun, Carthy, Powless, Cort, Bettiol)
  • Movistar (Mas, Aranburu, Sosa)
  • Team DSM (Bardet)
  • Ineos (only part of the giro team announced yet)

Did you hear something about them?

EF is normally always late, but will be interesting. Well Movistar is a bit of a low brainer (I think Mas will go another time for Tour and Vuelta). Bardet would make sense to go for the giro and vuelta once again, if the sponsor doesn´t want to see him at the tour. Because Ineos giro team is already announced, one can imagine also tour and vuelta..

So the cycling season 2022 is closed to the beginning and I just looked a bit to find out which World Tour teams still didn´t announce the targets of their top riders for the next season.

I´m missing

• EF Education - Easy Post (Uran, Padun, Carthy, Powless, Cort, Bettiol)
  • Movistar (Mas, Aranburu, Sosa)
  • Team DSM (Bardet)
  • Ineos (only part of the giro team announced yet)
Did you hear something about them?

EF is normally always late, but will be interesting. Well Movistar is a bit of a low brainer (I think Mas will go another time for Tour and Vuelta). Bardet would make sense to go for the giro and vuelta once again, if the sponsor doesn´t want to see him at the tour. Because Ineos giro team is already announced, one can imagine also tour and vuelta..

Ef should send guys like Cort and Bettiol to the Tour after the spring classics, that would be the logical move, same with Valgren.
I'd send Eiking also to the Tour with Uran as a 2nd option, during the last 2 years Uran has suddenly started to fade at the end of a gt, so having a backup option wouldn't be a bad idea.
From what I've heard Kudus will ride the Giro, but that'S the only thing I've heared about the Giro team. I'd go with Carthy for Giro-Vuelta once again and I'd give Padun a free role at the Giro, the other option would be to have him focus on one week stage races, a big win in the Dauphine or the Tour de Suisse could create lots of buzz around the team.

TRENDING THREADS