• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rider schedules for 2016.

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Velolover2 said:
Mayomaniac said:
Velolover2 said:
Wallenquist said:
Astana team for Algarve:

Aru, Rosa, Tiralongo, Cataldo, LL Sanchez, Lopez, Kangert and Kozhatayev

It's like 80% of their TDF squad. Just add Fuglsang and probably switch Kozhatayev (and maybe Lopez) for Boom/Westra (unless they switch to Giro because of depart from the Netherlands).

Giro: Nibali, Scarponi, Fuglsang, Westra, Capecchi, Grivko, Malacarne, Vanotti and Guardini for sprints.
Tour: Aru, Tiralongo, Rosa, Cataldo, Kangert, LL Sanchez, Boom, Lutsenko, Zeits.

I my guess is that López will get his GT debut in the Vuelta.
Martinelli recently said in an interview that Guardini won't ride the Giro and Kangert seems to be one of Nibali's trusted domestiques.

Alright. I was also more of a guess from my side. But Kangert is Kiryienka-like. The guy is a machine. Both Aru and Nibali might want him as a part of their team.

Yeah, Kangert will do both Giro for and Tour again this year for Nibali and Aru. His schedule:

Almeria
Algarve
Catalonia
Trentino
Liege
Tirreno if needed
Giro
break
Tour
break
Olympics

Nelson Oliveira Schedule : 19.01 Santos Tour Down Under
03.02 Dubai Tour
17.02 Volta ao Algarve em Bicicleta more
17.03 GP Nobili Rubinetterie-Coppa Papa Carlo-Coppa Cittá di Stresa
19.03 Milano - Sanremo more
23.03 Dwars door Vlaanderen / A travers la Flandre
25.03 E3 Harelbeke
27.03 Gent - Wevelgem in Flanders Fields
03.04 Ronde van Vlaanderen / Tour des Flandres
10.04 Paris - Roubaix
26.04 Tour de Romandie

staubsauger said:
Velolover2 said:
Race director of the Vuelta a Andalucia is hoping for Froome to return, but Algarve is a better challenge with with bigger competitors.

In Andalucia, he will win by at least 2 minutes.

I hope he will skip Andalucia in favor of Algarve.
Is Sky gonna send either him or Landa to Andalucia then?

Neither. Based on last year, Nieve or Intxausti are both good candidates for the overall.

Re:

rodanafrenteguigs said:
Nelson Oliveira Schedule : 19.01 Santos Tour Down Under
03.02 Dubai Tour
17.02 Volta ao Algarve em Bicicleta more
17.03 GP Nobili Rubinetterie-Coppa Papa Carlo-Coppa Cittá di Stresa
19.03 Milano - Sanremo more
23.03 Dwars door Vlaanderen / A travers la Flandre
25.03 E3 Harelbeke
27.03 Gent - Wevelgem in Flanders Fields
03.04 Ronde van Vlaanderen / Tour des Flandres
10.04 Paris - Roubaix
26.04 Tour de Romandie
I wonder if he can confirm the potential he showed in the classics this season.

Velolover2 said:
staubsauger said:
Velolover2 said:
Race director of the Vuelta a Andalucia is hoping for Froome to return, but Algarve is a better challenge with with bigger competitors.

Neither. Based on last year, Nieve or Intxausti are both good candidates for the overall.
Maybe little Pete as well?

Unless van Garderen apparently there ain't no supreme riders at all at Andalucia this year. Not even guys like Bardet or Kruisjwijk.

Kelderman is going to be there. Might be a candidate for the overall as well.

staubsauger said:
Velolover2 said:
staubsauger said:
Velolover2 said:

Unless van Garderen apparently there ain't no supreme riders at all at Andalucia this year. Not even guys like Bardet or Kruisjwijk.

Mollema, Majka, Kreuziger, Barguil, Frank... Pretty solid riders.

Alexandre B. said:
staubsauger said:
Velolover2 said:
staubsauger said:
Velolover2 said:

Not solid enough. If Froome doesn't win this, I'll become an eunuch. A podium of Froome, Intxausti and Nieve is even possible.

Only Majka and Van Garderen are better climbers than Froome's two Spanish lieutenants. But Majka is rarely good at that period of the year. He tends to peak for the GTs.

Velolover2 said:
Alexandre B. said:

Not solid enough. If Froome doesn't win this, I'll become an eunuch. A podium of Froome, Intxausti and Nieve is even possible.

Only Majka and Van Garderen are better climbers than Froome's two Spanish lieutenants. But Majka is rarely good at that period of the year. He tends to peak for the GTs.
Actually all riders listed by Alexandre B could, on a good day, outclimb Nieve and Intxausti.

LaFlorecita said:
Velolover2 said:
Alexandre B. said:

Actually all riders listed by Alexandre B could, on a good day, outclimb Nieve and Intxausti.

The same can be said the other way around. Maybe some of them can outclimb Intxausti. But not a pure goat like Nieve, come on. He was second to Contador and Froome on Allanadas. Third on Mont Ventoux.

He has showed better climbing skills than Frank and Barguil ever had.

Velolover2 said:
Brullnux said:
Mollema came second in last year's Tirreno, and 3 top 10s in the Tour in a row. He is better than Intxuasti and Nieve.
He is a better all-rounder than Nieve but is he a better climber? I don't think so.
Maybe 2 years ago, but not now. He was getting outclimbed by Roglic last season and has never been in too shape at the start of year.

Mollema was second to NQ up Terminillo last season.

Re:

magnolia said:
Nibali should focus on the Giro. In France he is less strong than Froome and AC.

He won't go for GC, that's useless: he's just done the Giro and wants to be 100% for the Tour. He'll do what he did in the last week of Tour 2015, which is stage-hunting and maybe help Aru along the way. Aru will be happy to have him; I don't think any, even potential, domestiques are anywhere near as good as Nibali on long mountains, bar Valverde.

TRENDING THREADS