• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Riders to reach 100 pro wins

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which riders will reach 100 pro wins?

• Total voters
I'd make the case for Philipsen. Already almost halfway there and had about 20 wins last year. I guess the question is will Alpecin (or whoever signs him next) continue to allow him to pile up stage wins in minor races like Tour of Turkey.
My biggest concern for Philipsen is if he fizzles out like Kittel and post him sprinters. Though if he can keep it up this and next season he’s in with a good chance.

Reactions: Sandisfan
No love for the three I added.
I never would have guessed Pedersen has more wins than Vingegaard. I’d have thought Vinge was tied or slightly ahead. The way the tides have turned for some riders I think only Demare and Pogacar can reach 100 at this point with Evenepoel and Vinge a possibility.
Surely Evenepoel has a very good chance? 54 wins at 24, averaging about 15 wins a year?

I can see another 3 seasons of 10+ wins, and then if he declines or struggles then imo he'll become a Hirschi-like 1.Pro warrior.
Based on what logic? He recently learned to sprint. That's helpful to win more rather than less. Any TT he enters is a toss up for another win. Any one week race with a TT gives him clear odds to win if Pogacar or Vingegaard are absent. If course he is also very consistent when it comes to showing up for big one day races or championships. And if he goes rogue in a GT he can win 3-4 races as the Vuelta showed. So you believe all that is gone at the old age of 27, an age where he actually may be in a team with the same tools and trainers than his main contenders have today?

Woah woah, I'm saying 3 more seasons as a conservative estimate, which is what he needs to get him to near enough 100 wins. You never know what happens to cyclists as they age, see Quintana, and I agree there's no reason to assume that Remco suddenly falls off a cliff, but even if he does, all he needs is three more seasons at this level and he'll almost definitely hit 100 wins by the time he retires.

Woah woah, I'm saying 3 more seasons as a conservative estimate, which is what he needs to get him to near enough 100 wins. You never know what happens to cyclists as they age, see Quintana, and I agree there's no reason to assume that Remco suddenly falls off a cliff, but even if he does, all he needs is three more seasons at this level and he'll almost definitely hit 100 wins by the time he retires.

He already fell off a cliff once.
That seems to have only temporarily slowed down his career.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan