• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Riders with style, class, souplesse

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Videos was asked for. And when speaking of Indurain:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Efn0MfzUo

Many are the greats from days when television was black and white whom has been spared the humiliation of facing Indurain in a 73 km time trial. When he was at the top of the game (1992/1994) it was like watching a mix between a massmurder and a Monet painting. You'd knew the Tour was killed but it went down in absolutely style, executed by a humble and classy champion.

Tags: Jan Ullrich.

A shout out for Rominger:

0026272L.jpg

because of the helmets, i think no rider from the last 10 years should be posted here. a little respect guys for people like bugno,pantani,vdb,koblet,anquetil. that was class
now they all have plastic on head

for example, class, imagine how cool it would kittel look and be remembered:

images

how is he really looking on the bike:

07b7ca50-902d-4429-ae3f-286cb9f4b2a1-460x276.jpeg

bleargh

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Souplesse=Anquetil ( wish I had a photo, can't download)

There was a story about Anquetil loaning a pair of his wheels to Van Looy, only to get them back destroyed.

Anquetil super smooth

Might as well divide the topic, because panache can be a few things and some are posting their favorite riders, which does not necessarily mean what the OP means. For instance, ivf considering the style and position on the bike, I'd say someone like Daniel Martin, Alejandro Valverde, and a new favorite, Antonio Carvalho. They're all very different. If considering, say, who's cunning, easy pick would be Rui Costa...

...and Jean Robic. :p

BigMac said:
Might as well divide the topic, because panache can be a few things and some are posting their favorite riders, which does not necessarily mean what the OP means. For instance, ivf considering the style and position on the bike, I'd say someone like Daniel Martin, Alejandro Valverde, and a new favorite, Antonio Carvalho. They're all very different. If considering, say, who's cunning, easy pick would be Rui Costa...

...and Jean Robic. :p

I thought about that when posting the topic. I figured there would be a lot of interpretation of the intent, which is great IMO. Let folks post what they want to bring to the table. Even the trolling. No worries.

See, now if you're going to troll the thread, it's nice to have a good sense of humor. Chapeau.

burning said:

Great stuff so far. Great to see Koblet make it, great call. Shocker of the thread? No Coppi! WTF people. :)

Ride!

TRENDING THREADS