• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Riders with style, class, souplesse

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Maybe Mauri has the core engine to keep going 2 days straight but simply lacks the watts to follow the others. Hence by rocking his entire body and using all muscle groups, he is able to put more power onto his pedals, while he won't get tired. I kid. He is the lovechild that came of Pierre Latour, Mollema and Schachmann's illegal love triangle.

I think Van Aert is a very stylish rider. I also like Evenepoel when he is in "on-a-mission" mode.
I think Van Aert is more stylish than MvdP overall. The later is great when he attacks out of the saddle, but overall Wout looks more elegante and just smoother on his bike. My father compared MvdP's position to a crouched big cat, ready to strike (throw in a crazy acceleration out of the saddle) at any moment. Kämna is another rider who looks smooth on his bike.
Ciccone looks good when he's climbing standing and on short, steep climbs Roglic going all out standing looks like the 2nd coming of Lance (stylewise).

This guy, for the beard alone (also is French). Also, while "souplesse" is not his middle name, "soupe" is his name:

P23331119D4201583G.jpg

The thread would be Soupe-less without him.

The beard has its own passport?

Yes. If it didn't have one, Soupe would have to shave to be allowed back in to France after a race.

From the current crop of riders, I like Pogačar's style. Strong, fast, and efficient.

View: https://youtu.be/p-2dYu0vptM?t=80

JZcnhYu.png
Can't say i agree. I understand if you are specifically talking about his out of the saddle accelerations, because they look so smooth and effortless, but my back starts to hurt just looking at him when he is in the saddle. Personally i'm more in the "coalminer" camp.

On the Women's side I have to pick Elisa Balsamo for her sprinting style. Very controlled with little lateral movement, a bit like Cipo and Ale-jet back in the day.

Bettiol is great to watch when he's on. How he attacked standing on the pedal with his hands on the drops on the OK when he won the RVV was a thing of beauty.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99
Apr 18, 2023
Visit site
Current peloton:

Dylan Van Baarle looks the coolest.

Souplesse, as I understand it = Mads Pedersen!

As a kid I was awestruck with the cool style of Gianni Bugno

Fabbro and Lutsenko. Fabbro doesn't get talked about a lot and almost purely used as a helper, but he's an amazing rider. Lutsenko's attacking/ riding style is beauty.

I still think Lutsenko looks so weird when he sits down after standing in the pedals. He very often takes a second where he doesn't pedal during that transition. I noticed that first during the 2013 Tour, and still notice it. I have never seen any other rider do it. It doesn't look particularly efficient.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I still think Lutsenko looks so weird when he sits down after standing in the pedals. He very often takes a second where he doesn't pedal during that transition. I noticed that first during the 2013 Tour, and still notice it. I have never seen any other rider do it. It doesn't look particularly efficient.
Indurain did that, it's super cool. I do it too. And BR2 is right, Lutsenko is the most stylish.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS