• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ridley 2010 ?

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys,

My apologies for not including images of the X-Ride. Certainly had meant to include that in the report but unfortunately that visit to Ridley was hampered by an exceptionally tight timeframe (I was there for less than an hour) not to mention a fairly severely tweaked back that had left me almost completely immobile in the Cyclingnews office in Gent for the two days prior. To be honest, I was happy to have just made it there at all. Figured it was better to at least include mention that the frame existed even though I didn't have the corresponding images than to completely ignore it.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello, James. Thanks for taking time out to reply. I do appreciate it. And my sympathies re your back. I know exactly how you feel. I stepped off the kerb during lunch today and my back seized up. Any good advice for a fix? Ibuprofen seems to be doing the job for now!

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
My solution seems to be lots of deep tissue massage plus some chiropractic work, making sure to have very good people for both. The problem was eventually isolated to having very tight glute muscles, which was basically overtaxing some muscles in my lower back. The day the muscles spasmed was quite long with lots of time spent in a car with particularly crappy seats (I was driving), more time in the press room on even crappier plastic chairs, plus the room was really cold (Gent-Wevelgem) with virtually no heat so I was borderline-shivering and tensed up the whole time. A predictable formula in hindsight. Ouch!

Anyway, I'll see if I can at least get some images from Ridley on that X-Fire after I get back from the Tour.

TRENDING THREADS