• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rigoberto Uran discussion thread.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Uran to quickstep? huh that's a bad news. it's like what happen in sky, wiggin and cavendish de ja vu. Uran should go to Astana. Nibbles likes to compete in the giro. So Uran can lead the TDF team and make the tweetie bird aka birdsong rides for him :p. Then come Vuelta, Uran will help Nibbles..

tweak37 said:
"Sky, invece, ieri ha annunciato il rinnovo di Richie Porte, con i colombiani Uran ed Henao vicinissimi alla Omega Pharma."

From today's gazzetta.

What the Fvck?? this must be a joke !!! Who the Fvck is advising them to make such move??? Gotta be a load of cash on the table to even consider that team... Damn!!!!

the asian said:
If you have balls, you shouldn't care about the wages.;):p
Yes but they did care about the wages which is why they signed for Sky in the first place so they need to do what the team wants this year and go somewhere else next year with both wages and opportunities

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
uran said he wants to wear pink after today

well i guess his dream was shattered today since he had to baby sat wiggins down hill and to the finish line. I hope he won't be bitter like Froome :p

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
both the colombians stop pedaling at the end and lost 5-6second to wiggins group.
they looked very demotivated.
i think they were disappointed by team decision but they accepted it because they are pro rider and being loyal to the team leader and dt order is part of their job.
there are rules in pro cycling and if you do not accept this rules especially in a team like sky you are not very clever.
especially if you are a colombian.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
profff said:
both the colombians stop pedaling at the end and lost 5-6second to wiggins group.
i think they were disappointed by team decision but they accepted it because they are pro rider and being loyal to the team leader and dt order is part of their job.
there are rules in pro cycling and if you do not accept this rules especially in a team like sky you are not very clever.

SKY will only push them away:eek:

profff said:
Wiggins obviously is to blame, but Brailsford as well for not making a decision to have Uran or Henao ahead with the main group. Uran would've been in pink. But the funny thing is that Henao looks in better shape than Uran. Sky = a-holes :(

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
well of course if they have ambitions, but very few wants to hire rebellious riders even if they are good.

Sh!t happens on all teams.

But they are not rebellious as demonstrated today, isn't rumor OPQS want them? OPQS probably can pay the same as SKY

Uran and Henao arnt going to win the Giro, Wiggins might. Sky are way past hoping for a good GC placing in GTs, they want to win or bust. Personally I think that that attitude should be commended (better than Radioshack stacking the top 20 at any rate).

Dazed and Confused said:
OPQS (riding on your favorite brand of bikes) is a crap team for anybody with GC ambition. Its all about Cav and cobbles. Worse destination than Sky.

Uran will never win a GT and imo should focus on the classics. To be fare Sky have given him leadership in that respect

TRENDING THREADS