• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rigoberto Uran discussion thread.

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

DBotero said:
Escarabajo said:
Good TT by Uran today. Happy for him.

Come on,1 sec faster than Pinot/Sagan is not that great.Still better than the other big guys,so i suppose is a good a start.I hope it will be a great Tour for him.

Uran also did far better than Contador who also rode the Giro. Pinot's ride was amazing although at 5'11" he has a build for such a course providing he is in form as he obviously is. No surprise to see Sagan do well he is often fast in shorter TTs.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

DBotero said:
Escarabajo said:
Good TT by Uran today. Happy for him.

Come on,1 sec faster than Pinot/Sagan is not that great.Still better than the other big guys,so i suppose is a good a start.I hope it will be a great Tour for him.
what are you talking about? uran isn't some monster itt rider, especially not in the flat. even if he was slightly in advantage of having less wind than other favorites he still did a good itt considering his form I guess

As i said, he could be the surprise of this Tour, he has estrated very well, and today the team protect him more than one could think, becouse it was for the team the stage and the yellow and Rigo just worked a little.

It was good yesterday that Tony Martin didnt get the yellow... and good as well for him he didnt take him and thet Kiatkowski has losed time and he is clearly the stronger of the team.

He could wear yellow before the mountains.

Re:

Taxus4a said:
As i said, he could be the surprise of this Tour, he has estrated very well, and today the team protect him more than one could think, becouse it was for the team the stage and the yellow and Rigo just worked a little.

It was good yesterday that Tony Martin didnt get the yellow... and good as well for him he didnt take him and thet Kiatkowski has losed time and he is clearly the stronger of the team.

He could wear yellow before the mountains.

Cancellara has not ridden Fleche before but you would expect him to lose time to Sagan and Uran on the Mur. Both should both close in on yellow but are a little too far back at the moment I think. Uran is well placed in the overall obviously and seemed to finish the Giro with good legs.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
today he is quietly there. Fly under the radar. Tomorrow will be a telling. But I'm quietly rooting for him after his disaster Giro.

Ryo Hazuki said:
uran could be in yellow after today if raced hard. between him and dumoulin I think

Today??

This year in fleche Valone the 10th rider losed 4 seconds...Today is almost a bunch sprint.
Mur de bretagne is harder.
Uran can be with the best today and put 10 seconds to Cancellara, but no more.
Maybe after Mur de Bretagne is possible if the team help him tomorrow on the cobbles, but the real chance is the TTT.
Today will be good if he can put time to other contenders, especially Contador orr Froome, but difficult.
Kiatkowski should help Urán today.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
uran could be in yellow after today if raced hard. between him and dumoulin I think

Today??

This year in fleche Valone the 10th rider losed 4 seconds...Today is almost a bunch sprint.
Maybe after Mur de Bretagne is possible if the team help him tomorrow on the cobbles, but the real chance is the TTT.
Today will be good if he can put time to other contenders, especially Contador orr Froome, but difficult.
today is a lot harder than mur de bretagne.

Ryo Hazuki said:
Taxus4a said:
Ryo Hazuki said:

Today??

today is a lot harder than mur de bretagne.

Just becouse maximun slope, but Mur is more desnivel and has 1 Km at similar slope. But today the stage is harder with more climbs...

Uran disapoint me a little today, but he was close to Contador, and nobody worked for him... and lot opf people worked for contador, so it is ok.

But to be stronger than Contador is not very important, he is not reference this Tour, there are several stronger people here.

DBotero said:
Taxus4a said:
DBotero said:
No luck today,he crashed but he still managed a decent performance.

When he crashed?? :confused: :( I couldnt see that...I saw him always in the front groups...

Etixx - Quick-Step ‏@Etixx_QuickStep 2h2 hours ago

UPDATE: Team confirms @golasmichal and @UranRigoberto were involved in the crash. They rejoined the peloton. #TDF2015

Thanks. I couldnt see him on the crash, but that is always a problem even if he wanst one of the injuried riders, if you crash you have always problems, and tomorrow is the coblestone stage. i hope the team worked to put at the same time Rigo, Cavendish and Tony on the front..and Rigo doesnt work. Just at the final section end Stybar could go for the stage or work just for Cav...

Re:

aarononymous said:
Yeah doesn't sound good, especially for tomorrow's stage
Maybe is the kind of injury you cant put back after a rest day, but before that there are important stages, an just tomorrow cobless, and he is an coplete rider, but he is not heavy.

One picture of Rigo on the Cobbles in Colombia:

11403076_10153440771233839_839608366944806757_n.jpg

TRENDING THREADS