• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rigoberto Uran discussion thread.

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
rm7 said:
You serious? The guy is freaking getting water bottles for his team mates in the flat stages. He's only here for stage wins, and he could probably get 1 or 2 if he's near Giro form (without illness).

Where?! When?!!! Show us please! We're talking about multiple GT podium rider, he doesn't carry bottles for anybody!

Mr.White said:
rm7 said:
You serious? The guy is freaking getting water bottles for his team mates in the flat stages. He's only here for stage wins, and he could probably get 1 or 2 if he's near Giro form (without illness).

Where?! When?!!! Show us please! We're talking about multiple GT podium rider, he doesn't carry bottles for anybody!
Was that a joke? Many good GC riders do a bit of bottle service here and there, particularly on the flat. On the Champs Élysées it's almost tradition. On a Lefevere team, were absolutely everyone works for everyone, even more so. I didn't see it myself, but I heard the commentators allude to it happening on stage 7.

Ettix did better That I thought without Tony Martin considering was a hilly TTT.
Uran not only did the TT with an important name out, but he was even taking bottles in the forst weeks for the other riders. Lefevere talk about possible suprise but wen you face people that have had with babysitter all the days, it is really difficult to compite.

Giro I think it is not a problem, important is that just was a crash and no very important, afected him in Huy, but no more.
Now he doesnt have the stronger team for the mountains, but he can show how strong he is and maybe he could be on the podium.

I laught when people say that Uran will lose with SKY train, maybe will be another riders who do.
He can have a bad day as Nibali had yesterday, of course, but he dont lose a lot in a bad day if he is ok.
People forget that rigo was in the SKY train and I remember once he was working on the train and later he was with Contador.

Urán, young, much worse rider than now, did this in the first mountain stage:

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=20832

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Taxus4a said:
Ettix did better That I thought without Tony Martin considering was a hilly TTT.
Uran not only did the TT with an important name out, but he was even taking bottles in the forst weeks for the other riders. Lefevere talk about possible suprise but wen you face people that have had with babysitter all the days, it is really difficult to compite.

Giro I think it is not a problem, important is that just was a crash and no very important, afected him in Huy, but no more.
Now he doesnt have the stronger team for the mountains, but he can show how strong he is and maybe he could be on the podium.

I laught when people say that Uran will lose with SKY train, maybe will be another riders who do.
He can have a bad day as Nibali had yesterday, of course, but he dont lose a lot in a bad day if he is ok.
People forget that rigo was in the SKY train and I remember once he was working on the train and later he was with Contador.

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=19352

this was first mountainstage in 2010 vuelta when just 23 years old

Re:

Taxus4a said:

He finished 12th on a MTF behind the likes of Vanendert, Danielson and Jeannesson at the age of 24? Great accomplishment :D

Re: Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
Taxus4a said:

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=19352

this was first mountainstage in 2010 vuelta when just 23 years old

I know all his career, this blog is mine, I did just to show his performance, his bad luck and why he didnt show more victories, but he was always striobng at his beginings, bot in the plain and in the mountains:

http://rigouran.blogcindario.com/

I put that example becouse le Tour is another race and is the race we have now. I think Tour is the race better suits Urán, especially for the weather, but for more aspects. but as well it is the miost difficult to win for the hight level.

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Re:

ray j willings said:
is Rigoberto riding the tour,,,,,
You wouldn't think so by reading the news. Even now Robert Millar doesn't count him as a contender, and TJ, who's biggest merit is twice 5th, twice more than 11' behind, is hyped all over the place... go figure.

SergeDeM said:
ray j willings said:
You wouldn't think so by reading the news. Even now Robert Millar doesn't count him as a contender, and TJ, who's biggest merit is twice 5th, twice more than 11' behind, is hyped all over the place... go figure.

Uran doesn't like it either since he retweeted this:

Rigoberto Urán ЯU ‏@UranRigoberto Jul 10

Rigoberto Urán ЯU retweeted Juan Pablo Montoya

Saludos parcero

Rigoberto Urán ЯU added,
Juan Pablo Montoya @jpmontoya
I can't believe that @NBCSN mention all the top10 riders at the end of the stage of @letour except the Colombian @UranRigoberto that is 6th.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

DBotero said:
SergeDeM said:
ray j willings said:

Saludos parcero

Rigoberto Urán ЯU added,
I can't believe that @NBCSN mention all the top10 riders at the end of the stage of @letour except the Colombian @UranRigoberto that is 6th.
let's just hope it motivates him.

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Uran will not lose tomorrow but thursday out of the top20, is very complicated for him and others like Contador don´t lose any time againts Froome and Quintana, after that very hard Giro. So in the third week he will remain within the top15 rides of the general classification. look the actual top20, people like Sagan, Van Avermaet, Gallopin, Thomas, Stybar will be out of there

SergeDeM said:
ray j willings said:

In Spain is the same, here the Tour is televised by Teledeporte (TV sport), and cometators are Pedro Delgado and Carlos De Andres.( Everyday there is and invited person, tomorrow is Landa, in the pavé was Hprrillo, etc...) Carlos is the director of the chain as well...When he count how is GC about contenders he always miss Urán, although he is sixth, and count Valverde. But Perico at least count him...Carlos said he is of the opinion that second efforts... doenst work ...

it is no my opinioin, what is importante is luck with crashed, illness. .. at least for Urán.. Giro is always a handicap but now he has less presure and he is the strong he was suposed to be at the start of the Giro.

Rigo at least think that podium is posible, it is very difficult, but possible. To win the tour must happend some things that dont depend on Rigo Imo, althoug Pereiro won a Tour, so...impossible is not, but podium is possible if he is lucky. I think are other very strong contender for the podium... Froome and quintana are aout to reach IMo,, and Imo becopuse we didnt see still any mountain stage.. people talk now of TVG, and it is normal, he was very strong in Dauphine and he is very well placed and strong now, but who knows, maybe tomorrow Gesink put a minute on him...there will be people that will be better in other days, but tomorrow is an important day to take conclusions. I think is not going to be a carnage as Courchevel was in similar, but maybe not so different.

DBotero said:
SergeDeM said:
ray j willings said:

Saludos parcero

Rigoberto Urán ЯU added,

All the big famous colombian sport stars really support their riders.

“The truth is that everything has gone better than I expected so far”, said the Colombian climber before the first Pyrenean stage. “The team and myself have had a fantastic first week except for Tony Martin's accident. My feelings are great. Everything that will come now will be a bonus. I feel much better than at the Giro where I was sick. If I'm well in the Pyrenees, I can fight with the best. This is a difficult race, there the four great, then Purito, Valverde and the Frenchmen. Anything can happen, even the least that you can imagine. I trust my consistency. I want to follow my dream to contest a great Tour de France.">http://www.letour.fr :)

SergeDeM said:
ray j willings said:
That's indeed very weird. Clearly Uran's best result, a 23rd place 42 minutes behind the winner, is way better than TJ's 5th place.

TRENDING THREADS