• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rigoberto Uran discussion thread.

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This Giro lacks big GC contenders. So Uran making the podium is a real possibility. As it was explained in 2014, for Uran to win a GT few things have to fall into place because he is not as talented as other riders such as Nibali or Landa. But in this Giro in particular he has same shot as others to make the podium who are at similar level of talent.

I don't think he will be bad. His attack in the penultimate Romandie stage seemed very strong. I don't think he has big chance to win but its not that unlikely that one of the 3 main favorites wont be at his best and then Uran is probably the favorite to take the 3rd podium place.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Taxus4a said:
portugal11 said:
Taxus4a said:
portugal11 said:
Uran won't even make top 5... one of the most overrated colombians nowadays.

We can bet something if you are so sure.

I dont think he is overated when he is payed 1/12 and Landa 1/2.5 and Uran has been 2 times second and Landa just 3rd...

IMO at the start the main favourite is Nibali. He has won nor just the Giro but the Vuelta and the most important, le Tour, and he has a very strong team.

Second, Valverde, he has been podium of the Tour, above Nibali and other big riders and he has won la Vuelta.

Landa, he demostrated last year he is one of the best climbers of the peloton and he is the leader of SKY.

The next, close to Valverde and Landa, is Uran, above Pozzo, Chaves, Dumoulin, Hesjedal, Majka, Zakarin...

But acording my knowledge and in an subjetive point of view, Uran is going to fight for the victory... to figh doesnt mean the same of his 2 seconds, when Nibali and Quintana were clearly better.
If uran won't get top 5 in this giro; you leave the forum, ok? If uran would finish in second place only 2 minutes behind the winner, i leave this forum...

I dont want you leave the forum..
And I dont wat to leave as well,
it is not a correct bet IMO, becouse lot of things can happen as last year.
I dont win anything of you leave the forum.
But we cant think something.
crashes and flats don't count

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Kazistuta said:
Uran avatar for Portugal11 if he finishes top5, a Portugese flag as avatar for Taxus if not, much more reasonable bet... both things in 1-3 months depending on how strong you believe...??

Should be based on the odds, to my mind. I think it's more likely Uran finishes outside the top 5 than in 2nd precisely, simply because there's 120-odd places below '5' but '2' is just one specific placing. 3 months for Portugal11 to have a Uran avatar if he comes 2nd, 1 month of a Portugese flag for Taxus if he doesn't get a top 5.

Re:

Kazistuta said:
Uran avatar for Portugal11 if he finishes top5, a Portugese flag as avatar for Taxus if not, much more reasonable bet... both things in 1-3 months depending on how strong you believe...??

I wanted to win something, but it is ok... for one month, but at least 10 post in professional road racing.

But maybe it is not a good idea, just to wait till the end and to talk about...it is not easy to determine how much a crah or an illness afect, but I consider illness a debility.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Cannibal72 said:
Kazistuta said:

Should be based on the odds, to my mind. I think it's more likely Uran finishes outside the top 5 than in 2nd precisely, simply because there's 120-odd places below '5' but '2' is just one specific placing. 3 months for Portugal11 to have a Uran avatar if he comes 2nd, 1 month of a Portugese flag for Taxus if he doesn't get a top 5.
I accept that

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
uran should do really well here, although cannondale/garmin seem to have been riding backwards since 2 years, this year at least is a little better and uran is very talented. he could win the giro if he's lucky

So it was top 5 to go to Portugal to drink beer, top 3, top ten or what?

It doenst matter anyway, Uran was good today at the end, he was saving energy all the day, it was a pity he wanst at the front to be in the Zakarin group.

Lot of Cannondale riders in the top 30, but nobody to help Uran in the last part and later stop... Anyway this time he has a strong team and no excuses. If he doesnt go well, it is becouse it is his level. Just need luck and not very bad weather.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Taxus4a said:

It doenst matter anyway, Uran was good today at the end, he was saving energy all the day, it was a pity he wanst at the front to be in the Zakarin group.

Lot of Cannondale riders in the top 30, but nobody to help Uran in the last part and later stop... Anyway this time he has a strong team and no excuses. If he doesnt go well, it is becouse it is his level. Just need luck and not very bad weather.
Relax man, he won't make top 3, top 5 not so sure

portugal11 said:
Taxus4a said:

I am not sure for anything in life. He cant be in the top 5 as he can win the Giro. I think the same than before il Giro, I just wanted to know if the bet is for top 10, top 5, or top 3...

For the rest I answered you at page 24 in the thread of this 6th stage...

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Taxus4a said:
portugal11 said:
Taxus4a said:

I am not sure for anything in life. He cant be in the top 5 as he can win the Giro. I think the same than before il Giro, I just wanted to know if the bet is for top 10, top 5, or top 3...

For the rest I answered you at page 24 in the thread of this 6th stage...
You loose if uran won't make top 5, and i loose if uran make second

Re:

portugal11 said:
Uran won't even make top 5... one of the most overrated colombians nowadays.

I told you if you want bet something about that.. if you dont want, no problem... you have lot of possibilities, there are a lot of rider that can be top 5:

Nibali, Valverde, Chaves, Dumoulin, Landa, Zakarin, Fulgsang, Amador, Majka, Pozzovivo, Kruijwick, Hesjedal... even Firsanov, who in Madrid was close to Quintana and better than Landa :rolleyes:

But anyway I dont mind the bet, so for me I dont bet anything I just analize cycling, I know how good is Urán, but of course all the other contenders are very good, so it is no easy to win, nor a podium, nor a top 5...and some riders if they cant be at the podium, dont fight for top 5, but for one stage...

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Spot on as usual Taxus.

As expected by Uran today, hes not better and its no surprise at all for anyone with common sense that he did the TT he did today.

A crash so early in the ITT is the worse you can have.it is n ottolose 20 secondss forthat, it is that your are afected all the rest and with lees confidence in the corners...

Anyway although we talked about no crashes and things like that, this time is his blame and of he is not in the top 5 you are all invited in my town to beer if Portugal acept to invite you in his if he is...

I have my hopes stiill, he has to look the oportunity and recover time, he could have a margin now from the others GC contenders...The important is to be in shape, more than 2 minutes lost.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Taxus4a said:
A crash so early in the ITT is the worse you can have.it is n ottolose 20 secondss forthat, it is that your are afected all the rest and with lees confidence in the corners...

Anyway although we talked about no crashes and things like that, this time is his blame and of he is not in the top 5 you are all invited in my town to beer if Portugal acept to invite you in his if he is...

I have my hopes stiill, he has to look the oportunity and recover time, he could have a margin now from the others GC contenders...The important is to be in shape, more than 2 minutes lost.
You have to change your avatar to contador if uran won't do top 5

TRENDING THREADS