• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rio 2016 Olympic Road Race and Time Trial courses

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Taxus4a said:
What strong is Colombia nowadays !, maybe after my country, te stronger one. That is a good signal for cycling.

Eritrea will be a strong country as well in a few year for the same reason, but is smaller.

If the Kenyans ever decide to take a serious interest in cycling it could get very interesting.

Re:

Taxus4a said:
What strong is Colombia nowadays !, maybe after my country, te stronger one. That is a good signal for cycling.

Eritrea will be a strong country as well in a few year for the same reason, but is smaller.
Well uhm, Ethiopia has the twice the population of Colombia???

cantpedal said:
Taxus4a said:

If the Kenyans ever decide to take a serious interest in cycling it could get very interesting.
Why do you think that? There is no reason whatsoever to believe that.

Re: Re:

Breh said:
Taxus4a said:

cantpedal said:
Taxus4a said:

Ethiopia is not Eritrea, in Eritrea "everyone" is crazy about cycling, in Ethiopia they are not.

Breh said:
Taxus4a said:

cantpedal said:
Taxus4a said:

Have you seen Kenyan runners?

Ruudz0r said:
Breh said:
Taxus4a said:

cantpedal said:
Taxus4a said:

Ethiopia is not Eritrea, in Eritrea "everyone" is crazy about cycling, in Ethiopia they are not.
woops. Totally misread that.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
And now, a potion of our new bike path between Sao Conrado and Leblon falls into the sea.

I could not believe my eyes when this story came on live down here. I live in Barra, and there's a separate section that was set to open between Barra and San Conrado, which would have made the entire city accessible by bike.

What a travesty. Just another embarrassment in a horrible year here in Brazil.

2 confirmed dead thus far. RIP

Re:

53x11 in DC said:
And now, a potion of our new bike path between Sao Conrado and Leblon falls into the sea.

I could not believe my eyes when this story came on live down here. I live in Barra, and there's a separate section that was set to open between Barra and San Conrado, which would have made the entire city accessible by bike.

What a travesty. Just another embarrassment in a horrible year here in Brazil.

2 confirmed dead thus far. RIP
Horrible news. RIP

To come back to cycling, should these tracks have been used in one of the races?

Eurosport interviewing three national team coaches. Bernard Bourreau for france only talked about the favorites. The guy for lithuania only said platitudes. The portuguese guy, Poeira, was the most interesting. Called it a 'prolonged mountain stage'.

I certainly didn't think the course would be as hard as that.

the finish was pushed to Copacabana because UCI didn't want no tunels in the final 10km. this makes a little closer to the last descent, wich is REALLY technical and steep.. VERY(!!) popolar done upwards around here..
3 things to consider;
1- the wind is 75% always in the same direction, wich is a head wind, coming from the 1st circuit, hard to be in the break until the final circuit.
2- the last circuit, with a "real" climb has a 2 step, 1st part(harder) was made by the likes of T. Pinot in around 13min, then a quik/sharp descent an then the 2nd part is much easyer, harder to gap/easyer to a Rui Costa/Vino like atack...
3- the 1st circuit will be the same as the TT and for that reason they will cover around 1meter width of the pavé section, wich is pretty bumby pavé...
btw 'we" are redoing the asphalt closer to the games in order to let it be as much new as possible. Right know the worse is at the bottom of the last descent..

Re:

Asero831 said:
Atapuna making a case for himself. Wonder if Angel Lopez will be in contention.
Anacona is also perfect for this type of race
Quintana-Chavez-Uran-Henao?
I thought they already had their selection?

Nairo Quintana
Rigoberto Uran
Sergio Luis Henao
Johan Esteban Chaves
Miguel Angel Lopez

Popchu said:
Asero831 said:

Nairo Quintana
Rigoberto Uran
Sergio Luis Henao
Johan Esteban Chaves
Miguel Angel Lopez

I feel that might be lacking something for the flat, although an awesome team for the climbs.

Popchu said:
Asero831 said:

Nairo Quintana
Rigoberto Uran
Sergio Luis Henao
Johan Esteban Chaves
Miguel Angel Lopez

Will Henao also go if Sky keep him on the bench?

TRENDING THREADS