• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

RIP GCN+

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Here's what I got from them in regard to the UK today

The good news is that live cycling races are available on discovery+. As a gesture of our appreciation and to compensate you for the inconvenience of the closure of GCN+, we would like to offer you a voucher code to discovery+. With this voucher you will get a subscription to the Standard plan of discovery+ for the first 3 months at no cost starting from the date of your code redemption. xxxxxx must be redeemed at https://auth.discoveryplus.com/redeem by 31 Dec 2023. After the promotional period your subscription will convert to a paid subscription and will automatically renew each month at the then-current monthly price (now £6.99) inclusive of VAT, unless cancelled prior to renewal. Terms and Conditions* apply.
Yeah, I've got the same mail, just based in Germany. With that offer I'll plan to do this:
- Wait until the 31.12. (last possible day to activate the voucher) and start my 3 months for free subscribtion going from January-March.
- Pay their monthly subscription model (4€/month in Germany) from April-September (6 months) and cancel my subscription in September.

That way I'm getting the full road season (except Lombardia, but I'll work something out for that) for 24€ total, I don't care about cyclocross and I don't really care about the GCN documentaries and whatever so this is kinda working out better in the end than I expected.
Really sucks for everyone on the American continent tho, nothing is worse than having multiple subscriptions and extra add ons and whatever.

Reactions: Sandisfan
So it is $20/month. But honestly is only $9.99 since I won't be able to cancel MAX since my wife won't allow me to do that!!!
$30 a month 18.99 (base with no commercials) + 9.99 + tax.

Can someone purchase only the months they want? If not it comes out to $360 a year!

If it's cancel anytime I'll get March thru September for $219. PUKE!!!

Last edited:
Do we know when on Tuesday it gets switched off? morning or at the end of the day, and according to what time zone. I need to work out prioritization of remaining documentaries (I have already taken to fast forwarding through the more scenic bits, which is sort of what they are about)

In terms of road race live coverage, I don't think anyone other than Dan Lloyd (who I suspect will still be at least occasionally contributing) is GCN based: Kirby, Hatch, Kelly, Smith, Chennaoui, Blyth, etc are employed (probably ad hoc) under the wider Discovery/Eurosport/Warner Bros/TNT organisation.

In terms of road race live coverage, I don't think anyone other than Dan Lloyd (who I suspect will still be at least occasionally contributing) is GCN based: Kirby, Hatch, Kelly, Smith, Chennaoui, Blyth, etc are employed (probably ad hoc) under the wider Discovery/Eurosport/Warner Bros/TNT organisation.
They're all freelance I think apart from Dan,and just get contracted in, maybe Orla is moving more in to a TNT presenter role as ive seen her popup on other sports they cover recently and Kate Mason who is doing much the same.

I expect the Olympics will make a mess of the established order anyway,as Discovery the Beeb and the international Olympic broadcaster will hoover up anyone who can string a sentence together.

there you go. probably you started a bit biased against them all? sure, in any nation there is this or that pundit that some fans dislike, but I see, expecially by British fans, a NO as a start to almost everyone. wtf some people are hard to please. here in Italy I dislike one guy. the others are fine, some good
I was actually joking. Although I'm not a fan of Blythe, almost moreso the studio show itself, I found the race commentary to be just fine in most cases.

Here's what I got from them in regard to the UK today

The good news is that live cycling races are available on discovery+. As a gesture of our appreciation and to compensate you for the inconvenience of the closure of GCN+, we would like to offer you a voucher code to discovery+. With this voucher you will get a subscription to the Standard plan of discovery+ for the first 3 months at no cost starting from the date of your code redemption. xxxxxx must be redeemed at https://auth.discoveryplus.com/redeem by 31 Dec 2023. After the promotional period your subscription will convert to a paid subscription and will automatically renew each month at the then-current monthly price (now £6.99) inclusive of VAT, unless cancelled prior to renewal. Terms and Conditions* apply.
Thanks for that, had deleted email thinking it as more junk wanting me buy from their shop or something.

Reactions: Carrick-On-Seine
RIP

At least the announcement made me finally watch a lot of their documentaries. I would have liked to have seen a few more today but there you are.

Have you received any information regarding a voucher code for Discovery+?

As far as I can work out, I will now have to pay for both the most expensive Discovery+ subscription plan and the most expensive TV2 Play one, in order to get the same amount of races I got before with GCN+ and a VPN.

Have you received any information regarding a voucher code for Discovery+?

As far as I can work out, I will now have to pay for both the most expensive Discovery+ subscription plan and the most expensive TV2 Play one, in order to get the same amount of races I got before with GCN+ and a VPN.
No, I haven't. Maybe it's because I'm a former user of Discovery+.

It doesn't matter that much to me, economically, I still used to subscribe to Discovery+ three times a year because of the tennis grand slams. Nine months of Discovery+ may be a little more expensive than a year of GCN but it can't be much difference.

And how do you watch biathlon if you don't have TV2 Play?