• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ritchey ti breakaway

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Any one have/ use one of these. I will be doing a lot of travel for work. It looks good, but I will be using as my primary ride, also hope to do some races when I travel.. Figure if I am stuck in places "working";) might as well.

Thanks Matt

mattfatcyclist said:
Any one have/ use one of these. I will be doing a lot of travel for work. It looks good, but I will be using as my primary ride, also hope to do some races when I travel.. Figure if I am stuck in places "working";) might as well.

Thanks Matt
Sold a few, great design(altho the carbon rear end on a ti frame is more marketing than performance). They ride like a great steel or ti frame, are not 'soft', do not require tightening, plus a bargain when compared to S&S type full sized bike frames.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I have an Ti frame with the S&S couplers, travel with it 8-10 times a year and have raced on it often. I love it. I have a friend who has the Ritchey and says the same. One thing to note, the Ritchey bag is over the Airline regulations, it is 66 inches and the airlines allow up to 62. The S&S bag is 62 inches and I have never been charged. The airlines can, and will, charge you for the ritchey bag.

TRENDING THREADS