• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Roadside camping in Morzine, July 2010

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone been in Morzine when the tour has been on?

A few of us are heading across that way in July to catch the stage up to Avoriaz and are planning on camping by the roadside. I’ve already checked out the local campsites and they’re all fully booked (no surprise there).

The plan is to camp close to the bottom of the Pleney ski lift as apparently there are public toilets close by. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Cheers

look back

SDF1964 said:
Has anyone been in Morzine when the tour has been on?

A few of us are heading across that way in July to catch the stage up to Avoriaz and are planning on camping by the roadside. I’ve already checked out the local campsites and they’re all fully booked (no surprise there).

The plan is to camp close to the bottom of the Pleney ski lift as apparently there are public toilets close by. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Cheers

I posted an answer to a similar query a long time ago, presumably by yourself, why don't you go back to it if you are really interested.

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Le Breton

You're right, sorry about that. I wasn't sure i'd posted the question on this website. And before you say it, i know i should have used the search facility.:eek:

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried here http://www.campingsavoie.com/Siteanglais/Haute_Savoie/clients/giffre/f1.html

It's in Samoens and right at the bottom of the Joux plane, with Morzine on the other side. I stayed there last year and we rode up the JP, over the other side and down into Morzine, then up into Avoriaz. Perfect location for you to see the Tour go through and it's a beautiful site.

Last year the Tour went up the Colombiere and we road from the site, up the Colombiere and waited for the riders to come through.