• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Romain Bardet Discussion Thread

Does this young gladiator, a housewives' favourite indeed, not have his own thread? Rider of the tour for me. A fearless, combative rider who seems to relish upsetting the applecart. He has the good grace to look absolutely knackered at the end of a stage too....which I like.
Anyway, if he doesn't have a thread, he does now.

Re: Romain Bardet

Looks incredibly frail but has tremendous guts and rides with amazing finesse both uphill and down. Without his mechanical problem yesterday could he, perhaps, have joined Rolland or even Nibali?

Anyway, I hope he continues to provide amazing performances like this and endear himself to the English-speaking fans. All of the hubbub surrounding Froome and spitting and the like has soured the atmosphere and prevented most of us, it seems, from appreciating this guy. (Jens Voigt's usually enthusiastic Twitter feed didn't even mention Bardet's stage victory.)

Re: Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
sir fly said:
The best descender in the peloton.
Crafty climber.
Loveable character.

Definitely bought me.
Best descender in the peloton? Are you crazy?

Anyway, I really like Bardet. Such an attacking rider and seems like a nice young guy.
He is the best descender.
Day after day keeping lessons how it should be done. If you have doubts, if you can't tell just by watching him, time the efforts of the most prominent descenders. Calculate the small chainring in into Bardet's from yesterday, as well.
And it looks like it's a natural thing to him. Like there are no thoughts if it's to risky or worth of a shot. It's a descent, so you go fast, no philosophy

sir fly said:
Hugo Koblet said:
sir fly said:
Crafty climber.
Loveable character.

Definitely bought me.

Anyway, I really like Bardet. Such an attacking rider and seems like a nice young guy.
Day after day keeping lessons how it should be done. If you have doubts, if you can't tell just by watching him, time the efforts of the most prominent descenders. Calculate the small chainring in into Bardet's from yesterday, as well.
And it looks like it's a natural thing to him. Like there are no thoughts if it's to risky or worth of a shot. It's a descent, so you go fast, no philosophy

Not even amongst top 10 descenders in the peloton.

The best between the climbers? Maybe, although Nibali and Sammy Sanchez would like to have a word.

Bushman said:
sir fly said:
Hugo Koblet said:
sir fly said:
Crafty climber.
Loveable character.

Definitely bought me.

Not even amongst top 10 descenders in the peloton.

The best between the climbers? Maybe, although Nibali and Sammy Sanchez would like to have a word.
They've had it yesterday.

sir fly said:
Hugo Koblet said:
sir fly said:
Crafty climber.
Loveable character.

Definitely bought me.

Bardet was good on that Dauphine stage, yes, although no one chased him down. Then the last few day's he's gone to the front on descents and created gaps, yes, and no doubt he's a quite good descender, but he's nowhere near the best descenders in the peloton. Heck, Rolland was faster than Bardet on the final downhill on the Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne stage.

He descends well enough not to loose time over anybody, which is mostly all you need as a climber. Just a shame he lost so much time on stage 10 & 11. Odd to have two bad days like that, but he's what 24? Not sure he's GC material yet, but certainly a stage hunter in the mountains.

Re:

samhocking said:
He descends well enough not to loose time over anybody, which is mostly all you need as a climber. Just a shame he lost so much time on stage 10 & 11. Odd to have two bad days like that, but he's what 24? Not sure he's GC material yet, but certainly a stage hunter in the mountains.

You know he was 6th overall last year right?

sir fly said:
Hugo Koblet said:
sir fly said:
Crafty climber.
Loveable character.

Definitely bought me.

I want to see him descending against sagan...

I would have liked to have seen him win the KOM but he has time for that in the future. The stage he won was the one I enjoyed most. I like the fact that he is cavalier and a trier. The Hog used to have a great photo of him as his avatar, sat down looking absolutely spent. He is a rider who leaves it all out there on the road and for that, I confess to having some man love for him.

sir fly said:
Hugo Koblet said:
sir fly said:
Crafty climber.
Loveable character.

Definitely bought me.

Sagan? Cancellara? Panzer?

Also, we're yet to see Bardet descending in the wet (though I think he might be better than Nibali in dry conditions)

Thomas De Gendt ‏@DeGendtThomas 23 minutes ago

679km in the attack, several days working hard for @AndreGreipel all this with a broken rib. What do i have to do more for the combativite

Thomas De Gendt ‏@DeGendtThomas 3 minutes ago

To be clear. I don't say i deserved it the most but other riders deserved it more then bardet. Just saying

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re:

TMP402 said:
Thomas De Gendt ‏@DeGendtThomas 23 minutes ago

679km in the attack, several days working hard for @AndreGreipel all this with a broken rib. What do i have to do more for the combativite

Thomas De Gendt ‏@DeGendtThomas 3 minutes ago

To be clear. I don't say i deserved it the most but other riders deserved it more then bardet. Just saying
Very true, bardet only got it in order for their to be a Frenchman on the podium in Paris.

TRENDING THREADS