• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Romain Bardet Discussion Thread

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't understand why AG2R attacked the breakaway at the same time as they attacked the peloton. Commentators raving about the tactics but they compeltelh burnt up their breakaway riders for no reason and they could offer no assistance to Bardet for the rest of the stage. Bardet did great and tried his best, but the team were a little confused I thought.

I still remember when he was just a professional, went into the attack in Amstel Gold Race (early break) and then held on freakishly long (until like 10km to go). And I thought, now this guy, I have to keep my eye on.

And now he seems to be the main challenger to Froome in the TDF for the 2nd year in a row. I so hope for a miracle. Nothing against Froome, but damn we need some excitement

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
I still remember when he was just a professional, went into the attack in Amstel Gold Race (early break) and then held on freakishly long (until like 10km to go). And I thought, now this guy, I have to keep my eye on.

And now he seems to be the main challenger to Froome in the TDF for the 2nd year in a row. I so hope for a miracle. Nothing against Froome, but damn we need some excitement

You had to talk with Aru firstly.

KGB

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
If next year tdf will be design mostly not with uphill finish but downhill finish he will be big favorite to win GC.

JosephK said:
Count me among the Bardet cycling fans after his Stage 9 ride. A podium placing in this year's TDF would be a spectacular achievement.

Nothing that I predict should be treated as spectacular :cool: Especially as he's done it before :eek:

But let's see first.

It's a shame that we didn't see much of him on the descent, it's almost an art form (like Moncoutie on a climb after a long break). For a small guy, it's something to behold.

Re: Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Matteo. said:
Yeah he's brave but problem is he's not strong enough uphill. He was the fifth climber on the Chat, and to put froome in trouble attacking only downhill is not enough to win the TdF
He was on par with Aru, the hyped rider. Pretty good to me.

It does not bother awakening aru to look for the hype train, the latest posts here are enough
Anyway,of course, I did not say he went wrong. how could I ?
Simply attacking only downhill only is not enough to recover a minute to froome, and this without counting the ITT.
Especially thinking that the finals at the bottom of the descent are no longer there

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Is there any precedent for Bardet being very good when it's a steep ramp or can we read that Bardet just getting stronger relative to the others, which would be great even though he'd easily be France's best GC rider regardless

TRENDING THREADS