• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Roman Kreuziger Discussion Thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
530531_384718008288628_332509672_n.jpg

Without the pressure of being the GC captain of the team... we will see his revival?

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully he will be helpful for Alberto in Tour mountain stages...and shine earlier in the Ardennes and Paris - Nice;)
If he will be in peak form in July he can drill it nice for Alberto before comes to Bertos fireworks:D:cool:

Yeah, if he sets Tour as his main aim its going to be carnage, and potentially best domestique performance at the tour in years ( im counting froome as a leader who was forced to work for the domestique, certainly from a mountains point of view).

People will probably underrate Kreuziger a bit now since he failed so bad at the Giro last year.

His name has been mentioned at the beginning of the last few seasons as a possible GT winner. The fact that he and Roche have decided now to ride as support riders instead of team leaders says it all. Maybe Kreuziger is just being honest about his abilities in grand tours. I don't think he is as good as VDB or Gesink but a few years ago I would not have picked Rodriguez to make two podiums in one season either or Wiggins winning the Tour. I think he will make a very good domestique and could probably target stages in GTs plus some of the classics. There is a lot of pressure on team leaders and Kreuziger and Roche might get some stage results now, with the pressure off.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
In Vuelta and Giro Roche can be top 10 and Kreuziger top 5.

Seeing you are stagnating it's legit to try a different way. Even they can be better paid as super doms than as leaders. I never understand the rider who are stagnated and didn't change the plan.

Roche stated he wants to work with Bjarne to improve his skills, above all, the time trial to boost his chances at GC.

Kreuziger had the same approach. Also I guess he has special interest in how Alberto being the hot favourite face the competition mentally. Being the mental side one of his weakness.

At the same time being a succesful super dom is prestigious in cycling, more than anonymous top 10.

movingtarget said:
His name has been mentioned at the beginning of the last few seasons as a possible GT winner. The fact that he and Roche have decided now to ride as support riders instead of team leaders says it all. Maybe Kreuziger is just being honest about his abilities in grand tours. I don't think he is as good as VDB or Gesink but a few years ago I would not have picked Rodriguez to make two podiums in one season either or Wiggins winning the Tour. I think he will make a very good domestique and could probably target stages in GTs plus some of the classics. There is a lot of pressure on team leaders and Kreuziger and Roche might get some stage results now, with the pressure off.

Roman to me is just another chapter of very good riders finding success too soon & wrongfully railed into GT ambitions without "consolidating/solidifying" his career first-IOW -he could have kept winning week long races & develop further his palmares prior to dive deep into the GT world. I do believe he could have better results with Riis, by just having small races to go for, & regain that taste of success that has been lacking over the past seasons

Good luck to him:)

The Hitch said:
Yeah, if he sets Tour as his main aim its going to be carnage, and potentially best domestique performance at the tour in years ( im counting froome as a leader who was forced to work for the domestique, certainly from a mountains point of view).

People will probably underrate Kreuziger a bit now since he failed so bad at the Giro last year.
Good point. Roche, Kreuziger, Zaugg and Sutherland have the potential to completely derail UK Postal for Contador if Riis can carry out his usual team building magic. Looking forward to the GT's this year :)

Forunculo said:
In Vuelta and Giro Roche can be top 10 and Kreuziger top 5.

Seeing you are stagnating it's legit to try a different way. Even they can be better paid as super doms than as leaders. I never understand the rider who are stagnated and didn't change the plan.

Roche stated he wants to work with Bjarne to improve his skills, above all, the time trial to boost his chances at GC.

Kreuziger had the same approach. Also I guess he has special interest in how Alberto being the hot favourite face the competition mentally. Being the mental side one of his weakness.

At the same time being a succesful super dom is prestigious in cycling, more than anonymous top 10.

Yes I think it's a good move for both Roche and Kreuziger. Why not try something else.

42x16ss said:
Good point. Roche, Kreuziger, Zaugg and Sutherland have the potential to completely derail UK Postal for Contador if Riis can carry out his usual team building magic. Looking forward to the GT's this year :)

You seem to be forgetting a guy called Michael Rogers in that equation :D

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, well his best result ever. Good to see he is delivering. And the best result Saxo have had this season.

Roman needs to race as a captain every race to take points. Contador points doesn't count. Except, perhaps, TdF where he should have a free role.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
After last year, I had pretty much written off Kreuziger as another over-hyped rider that never would amount to doing that much.

But after today I have a new found respect for him. Chapeau Roman, really earned that win today. :)

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
This performance proves Kreuziger should focus on classics and leave stage races alone, or at least not target them for GC solely, rather stage hunting. Classics should be his number one goals.

Forunculo said:
Well, well his best result ever. Good to see he is delivering. And the best result Saxo have had this season.

Roman needs to race as a captain every race to take points. Contador points doesn't count. Except, perhaps, TdF where he should have a free role.

not it isn't, tour de suisse and tour of romandie are more important races then AGR, still it is his best result in a few years and a great result overall

for the first time in a long long time this looked like the kreuziguer of 08 and that is a good thing.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
not it isn't, tour de suisse and tour of romandie are more important races then AGR, still it is his best result in a few years and a great result overall

for the first time in a long long time this looked like the kreuziguer of 08 and that is a good thing.

Despite not being a monument, an AGR is still an ardennes classic. Romandie and Suisse being great stage races use to be warm races for Giro and TdF. The Ardennes are a goal itself

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts