• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Roman Kreuziger Discussion Thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
wwabbit said:
WT point value for a win:

Amstel Gold Race = 80
Tour de Suisse = 100
Tour de Romandie = 100
Giro d'Italia stage = 16

Just saying :D

No one takes that seriously. Tour Down Under also gives 100.... Just saying

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Amstel is his biggest win. Suisse is just a warm up race for the Tour and it's not even the most prestigious one in that.

Yeah. Also the way he won it made it even more presitigous.

I don't think he could have followed Gilbert if he waited, not punchy enough. But he was definitely one of the best guys there.

He barely lost 15/20 seconds on gilbert and knowing he was pulling already therefore makes it really impressive.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
wwabbit said:
WT point value for a win:

Amstel Gold Race = 80
Tour de Suisse = 100
Tour de Romandie = 100
Giro d'Italia stage = 16

Just saying :D

Isn't that 10 points?

Basing myself on pcm :D (well i think, not sure)

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
It was definatly a good win and he took good advantage today over other escapees, but I'm curious as to what he and Saxo should target for him now? Will it be stage wins in a GT or will he focus on week longs and try to podium.

Edit: not his work for Alberto but purely his goals.

Bexon30 said:
It was definatly a good win and he took good advantage today over other escapees, but I'm curious as to what he and Saxo should target for him now? Will it be stage wins in a GT or will he focus on week longs and try to podium.

Tour of Romandy perhaps.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I´d rate Kreuziger´s victory as compareable to Ivanov in 2009. He had the legs, the courage, and benefitted from the fact that Valverde becomes older, Gerrans lacked a bit, Sagan was crampy and tired, and Gilbert in general seems to lack this last bit of motivation after having won everything he can and wants to win in his career throughout the last four years.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
RHRH19861986 said:
I´d rate Kreuziger´s victory as compareable to Ivanov in 2009. He had the legs, the courage, and benefitted from the fact that Valverde becomes older, Gerrans lacked a bit, Sagan was crampy and tired, and Gilbert in general seems to lack this last bit of motivation after having won everything he can and wants to win in his career throughout the last four years.

What if I told you:
> Gerrans is in peak form
> Gilbert looks determined as ever, really powering on the Cauberg again
> Valverde is probably in the best form of his post-ban career
> Kreuziger and Ivanov were one of the best in their respective editions they won, and that they deserved every bit of their victory

Forunculo said:
His performance today was something else, he is hot favourite for the next two races but now he will be under the radar.

Today he chanced and won.

He's not a hot favorite.

Also he won't be "under the radar" - I think you mean he'll be "on the radar".

Under the radar means he won't be watched by anyone.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
thehog said:
Today he chanced and won.

He's not a hot favorite.

Also he won't be "under the radar" - I think you mean he'll be "on the radar".

Under the radar means he won't be watched by anyone.

Yeah sorry "on the radar" a mistake:p

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Bexon30 said:

Next for him is FW, LBL, TdS and then the tour as dom for AC.

xrayvision said:
Next for him is FW, LBL, TdS and then the tour as dom for AC.
I thought he would race Romandie. :eek:

EDIT: And according to the team's website, he does.

3qOJXMA.png

TRENDING THREADS