• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Roman Kreuziger Discussion Thread

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Kreuziger is actully riding his best ever tour. I think Riis has him back on track with regards to how promising he looked back in 2008-09. Maybe next year he will get to win a grand tour himself. Giro next year will be against the likes of Porte, Fuglsang and ever-aging Scarponi. He could at least podium.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
notrolfsorensen said:
Kreuziger is actully riding his best ever tour. I think Riis has him back on track with regards to how promising he looked back in 2008-09. Maybe next year he will get to win a grand tour himself. Giro next year will be against the likes of Porte, Fuglsang and ever-aging Scarponi. He could at least podium.

lol. people are goign way overboard again on kreuziger after just onbe medium mountainstage. kreuziger isn't great in long climbs and in recuperating 3 weeks and then comes inconsistancy. he will crack somewhere this tour, maybe do top ten but let;s hope he wont'crack already on ventoux and be no use to contador to send him up in a break in the final week

May 12, 2013
Visit site
notrolfsorensen said:

You forgot Henao(for me he will be the Sky leader),Betancur,Evans/Tejay,Hesjedal/Talansky,Aru and maybe Purito_On steep gradients he will lose a lot of time compared with riders Henao,Betancur or Purito(if he will participate).Also after this year bad luck maybe Van den Broeck will be at the start.

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
lol. people are goign way overboard again on kreuziger after just onbe medium mountainstage. kreuziger isn't great in long climbs and in recuperating 3 weeks and then comes inconsistancy. he will crack somewhere this tour, maybe do top ten but let;s hope he wont'crack already on ventoux and be no use to contador to send him up in a break in the final week

I have him as an outsider for Ventoux. He's good with long distances. He always have 1 bad day, I'll give you that one, but he is really looking good this year. I just hope that he can help Contador put Froome under pressure. If he has that one bad day on one of the harder mountainstages Contador can use that. Kreuziger simply goes away a long way from finish, so Sky has to chase.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
notrolfsorensen said:
I have him as an outsider for Ventoux. He's good with long distances. He always have 1 bad day, I'll give you that one, but he is really looking good this year. I just hope that he can help Contador put Froome under pressure. If he has that one bad day on one of the harder mountainstages Contador can use that. Kreuziger simply goes away a long way from finish, so Sky has to chase.
Actually almost every rider has one bad day amongst better days in Grand tour.

Every grand tour Kreuziger was leader he managed to improve his GC when you compare second and third week. Except for Giro 2012. I know it ain't saying everythig but in the end it says something about consistency.

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
His biggest problem have always been his self confidence, and if you lack confidence you can forget about riding an entire 3 week tour on full gas.

if anyone is in doubt about his confidence today, then they should rather go to the optician :D , he has never been better, and Riis was amazed when he saw his data when they tested him, he can pedal with some amazing watts.

I think Riis has a plan getting him down in weight, maybe 3 - 5 kg if possible, and then you have a new gran tour winner. He´s still a young lad, plenty of time to improve his potential.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to be pleasantly surprised but I feel we can still be confident that Roman will have at least one bad day in the 3rd week. I hope not, because although he can't win this race, he could help Alberto win it if he improves in the 3rd week.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I was one of who predectid Roman would be stronger than Alberto in the 3rd week. Today I see the first hint I could be wrong, but still Roman's level is very good.

Saxo can be 2nd and 3rd in Paris but I don't think that's the plan.

Belkin duo are going to suffer more and more each heavy mountain stage.

Forunculo said:
I was one of who predectid Roman would be stronger than Alberto in the 3rd week. Today I see the first hint I could be wrong, but still Roman's level is very good.

Saxo can be 2nd and 3rd in Paris but I don't think that's the plan.

Belkin duo are going to suffer more and more each heavy mountain stage.

It is the plan actually according to Riis. I doubt they will succeed though, Quintana and Mollema will finish 2&3 I think.

TRENDING THREADS