• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Roman Kreuziger Discussion Thread

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

movingtarget said:
After 2013 I expected him to be more competitive but it didn't happen. Sometimes a fresh start with a new team is good for a rider.
Me too. Shame it didn't, I suspect he would be monster shape at Tour 2014.

Last time Kreuziger changed the team he won Amstel and was 5th in the Tour. I am hoping for something similar next year. Maybe a podium in Liege, which he would definitely deserve after his performances in the last few editions.

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Orica with a few more signings can do carnage if they have courage.

If no one leaves, chaves, adam, simon, kreuziger, it starts to be a stong field.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

jmdirt said:
RK has voiced that he wants to be THE TdF GC guy so going to a team with several promising young GC guys seems strange. For the team, they now have a solid crew of GC, and hilly one day threats,
He said this years ago, his focus is classics.
Surprising move for me.
But nice.(although Im worried cuz of Gerrans)

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Red Rick said:
Apparently, no Vuelta for Kreuziger. Is he gonna lead the Canadian WT and autumn classics then?

Correct

Kreuziger's program

28.8. GP de Plouay Ouest-France (Bretagne Classic)
8.9. GP Cycliste de Québec
11.9. GP Cycliste de Montréal
27.9. Tre Valli Varesine
28.9. Milano - Torino
1.10. Il Lombardia

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Netserk said:
HelloDolly said:
Netserk said:
I thought he skipped the OG to focus on the Vuelta?! :O

He probably did but then Contador suddenly had the Vuelta in his sights...
Hardly surprising. Contador was always planned to ride the Vuelta if he crashed out of the Tour. I don't buy that, Kreuziger would have known that before he announced he wouldn't ride the Olympics.
Yes, that's strange. Soo what is your theory then?

Kokoso said:
Netserk said:
HelloDolly said:
Netserk said:

Hardly surprising. Contador was always planned to ride the Vuelta if he crashed out of the Tour. I don't buy that, Kreuziger would have known that before he announced he wouldn't ride the Olympics.

Very strange indeed. Especially if Roman is probably the best Czech card to play in that parkour.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

SKSemtex said:
Kokoso said:
Netserk said:
HelloDolly said:
Netserk said:

Very strange indeed. Especially if Roman is probably the best Czech card to play in that parkour.
Obviously I mean it's strange that he won't ride Vuelta, but it's hard to read topic properly, isn't it. :rolleyes:

Czech federation didn't want Kreuziger to ride the Olympics because he 'helped' Vinokourov in London...
I'm almost sure this is nonsense. There was lot of talk who should do road race besides Kreuziger and König, whether Vakoc, Barta or Stybar. One of the trio would have to race time trial and Barta was best option of those three for time trial, but he would have to won TT at national champs, otherwise WT riders were guaranteed to race at Olympics based on Czech qualyfying rules. So at the end it was sensible decision for both sides not to race olympic games and focus on Vuelta;, that way problem of best TTer (on paper) Barta who otherwise wouldn't qualify was solved and for Kreuziger problem was sold too because if he raced olympics he couldn't be in optimal shape neither there nor at La Vuelta. That's why it's strange he is not racing Vuelta. He even has new contract already.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Netserk said:
HelloDolly said:
Netserk said:

I came to realize this is rBS. Even if Kreuziger knew that Contador will change focus to Vuelta once he crashes out of Tour, why would Kreuziger give up a chance when it was only possibility? Because there was other possibility: if Contador wouldn't crash out of Tour...then what?

TRENDING THREADS