Ronde van Vlaanderen: April 7th, 2019

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2019 Ronde van Vlaanderen?

  • Alexander Kristoff

    Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Bob Jungels

    Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Greg Van Avermaet

    Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Niki Terpstra

    Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Oliver Naesen

    Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Peter Sagan

    Votes: 19 14.8%
  • Philippe Gilbert

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Wout van Aert

    Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Zdeněk Štybar

    Votes: 35 27.3%
  • Other

    Votes: 18 14.1%

  • Total voters
    128
  • Poll closed .
Why do the Eurosport commentators say that WVA and MVdP would prefer rain and mud? They have proven they are both competent on the road. They never say that 'G' or Wiggins etc would prefer boards and bankings. Fools.
 
Re: Re:

Pantani_lives said:
Armchair cyclist said:
Lampaert wearing his team's No1 jersey. Do they really think other teams will believe that he is DQS's main man for the day? Or a double bluff? Or a token of respect for Belgian Champ's jersey?
Double bluff. Lampaert will attack and the big names won't react, because he's only their fourth man.
Think it's a nice touch by DQS for respect for the Belgium Champs jersey.
 
Re:

MartinGT said:
Why do the Eurosport commentators say that WVA and MVdP would prefer rain and mud? They have proven they are both competent on the road. They never say that 'G' or Wiggins etc would prefer boards and bankings. Fools.
They have an upper hand on wet/muddy conditions, like Wiggins does poorly in the wet?
 
Re: Re:

AQETUYIOI said:
MartinGT said:
Why do the Eurosport commentators say that WVA and MVdP would prefer rain and mud? They have proven they are both competent on the road. They never say that 'G' or Wiggins etc would prefer boards and bankings. Fools.
They have an upper hand on wet/muddy conditions, like Wiggins does poorly in the wet?
It's lazyness from them. Any easy whip. They have just mentioned how Terpstra was the first Dutch winner in x amount of years. Yet fail to mention the last Dutch winner was MVdP father. Lazyness.
 
Re:

MartinGT said:
Why do the Eurosport commentators say that WVA and MVdP would prefer rain and mud? They have proven they are both competent on the road. They never say that 'G' or Wiggins etc would prefer boards and bankings. Fools.
To be fair, the chances for rain during RvV are… somewhat bigger than boards and bankings.
 
Re: Re:

MartinGT said:
Pantani_lives said:
Armchair cyclist said:
Lampaert wearing his team's No1 jersey. Do they really think other teams will believe that he is DQS's main man for the day? Or a double bluff? Or a token of respect for Belgian Champ's jersey?
Double bluff. Lampaert will attack and the big names won't react, because he's only their fourth man.
Think it's a nice touch by DQS for respect for the Belgium Champs jersey.
I think it's a friendly reminder by Lefevre that Yves has certain responsibilities he needs to live up to.
 
Jan 10, 2010
1,716
0
0
Re: Re:

Simurgh said:
JackRabbitSlims said:
Any help with a good live feed of the race please?
Try to have a go at tiz. Can't say if the stream is smooth at the moment or not though.

tiz-cycling.live/
Wow! Great live feed off Tiz....thanks so much!

I’m in Uyuni, Bolivia (Cycle Touring) right now and wifi is a luxury....nice to wake up Sunday morning and be able to watch this live....cheers!!
 
Not to go all think of the children on the situation, but lingering on someone motionless on the tarmac at 12.22, with respect to cycling history dosent seem to be the most tasteful of broadcasting practice. Roll some footage of him moving about fair enough but 12 different angles sensationalises it far too much for my liking.
 
Re:

TomLPC said:
Not to go all think of the children on the situation, but lingering on someone motionless on the tarmac at 12.22, with respect to cycling history dosent seem to be the most tasteful of broadcasting practice. Roll some footage of him moving about fair enough but 12 different angles sensationalises it far too much for my liking.
Can't really agree here. They waited until he started moving. It's an important race fact, so they have to film it in the context of "former winner / favorite has crashed" and it took a while before there was confirmation it was Terpstra. Then he seems unconscious. If they cut away there, it seems they don't think it's important, and many people will just be even more woried, because the only thing they've seen is the fact that he fell and isn't moving.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY