• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ronde van Vlaanderen: April 7th, 2019

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2019 Ronde van Vlaanderen?

• Alexander Kristoff

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Bob Jungels

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Greg Van Avermaet

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Niki Terpstra

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Oliver Naesen

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Peter Sagan

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • Philippe Gilbert

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Wout van Aert

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Zdeněk Štybar

Votes: 35 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 18 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voted Wout, as I think he's been one of the strongest, if not the strongest spring season riders up to this point, but I wouldn't be against either Styby or Sagan taking it. Would love for Mathieu to be up there as well.

Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Valv.Piti said:
Yeah, Im also blocked. He is a little ***. :lol:

Lol, weren't you also blocked by Lars B? He blocked me because I was annoyed that he always has to shittalk Valverde and can't accept that it's not called Het Volk anymore :lol:
Yeah, him too. Guess it goes to show they both are whiny little bitches tbh. :D
God I dislike him and his stupid mumbling, that show on Eurosport is just so much better with Bay and Holm now devoid of his stupid comments. Funny thing is that clinic stuff always needed to be brought up with Valverde, but Contador was the saviour of cycling with his panache. Guess its because he rode for Saxo/Tinkoff or something like that.

2hhnq6u.jpg

This is me and Wout before the first stage of Tour of Denmark, starting and finishing in Aalborg, my home town (a race he won!). Despite him being by far the biggest name in the race, there was obviously more focus on some of the bigger Danish riders, especially Mads Pedersen who fisnished as runner up in Flanders and just had won the Danish nationals. Therefore I thought I would sneak in the bakc of the peloton 10 minutes before the start of the neutral start and talk a bit and get a picture. He was very kind and I told him he would win Flanders some day and he just laughed about it, altho at that point he had already shown his class in the classics with great results his first year in the spring. He was very chill and I asked one of his Belgian friends to take a picture.

On Sunday, I will not just root for one, but two riders. Go Wout and Don. :cool:

Leaning on Wouts shoulder no less :)

Nice you went up to him for a chat, I would never do that tbh. I always think that they are fed up with fanboys and always having to smile out of politeness while people put cameras in their faces.
I guess this was quite chill and laidback.

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
tobydawq said:
Valv.Piti said:
Yeah, Im also blocked. He is a little ***. :lol:

Lol, weren't you also blocked by Lars B? He blocked me because I was annoyed that he always has to shittalk Valverde and can't accept that it's not called Het Volk anymore :lol:
Yeah, him too. Guess it goes to show they both are whiny little bitches tbh. :D
God I dislike him and his stupid mumbling, that show on Eurosport is just so much better with Bay and Holm now devoid of his stupid comments. Funny thing is that clinic stuff always needed to be brought up with Valverde, but Contador was the saviour of cycling with his panache. Guess its because he rode for Saxo/Tinkoff or something like that.

Yeah, he was just ridiculously bad at formulating things. It was like he always searched for the most complicated and least obviously applicable words every time he said a sentence. Which of course resulted in him saying uhhhh five times per sentence.

Edit: And I agree that that show is good. But it could have been a podcast.

TRENDING THREADS